Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What happened to the fish attractor bouy markers on the Big Sandy River?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What happened to the fish attractor bouy markers on the Big Sandy River?

The Big Sandy and West Sandy use to have bouys that marked fish attractors on the river channels. Haven't seen them in a few years. Does anyone know what happened to them...Just curious.....
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they won't use markers any more. IMO Thats about the worst thing you can do is mark cover where it can be seen. An outlaw could go out to Percy Priest lake right after the water comes up with a gps and mark the state placed stakebeds, then pull the marker poles and have some good fishing till next winter when the posts get replaced.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Moose stole them. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I was tempted to. I think that maybe the ice on the lake took it's toll on them. Ice can really tear up those floating marker buoys.

I have seen those huge bouys that the Corps puts out on the Ohio River get moved by just the fast currents. It's been a long time since the Ohio River here in Evansville, IN has froze. I read tails about people walking across the Ohio River in the past when we had the river frozen from bank to bank.

If those were out in the main river channel would they interfer with the barge traffic? I know that on KY lake there are marker buoys that the corp puts out to mark the deeper river channels. I have not been out on the Big Sandy that much to know where all those bouys are located though.

But if the ice didn't get them then I would be looking at WEEZER Richard Williams as he has been known to run over bouys... I hear he likes the little green one's best!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Moose stole them. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am