Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ranger COOL Hubs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ranger COOL Hubs

I have tried to keep these things sealed for the last time! So I found a grease fitting that fits the filler hole on the hub and I pumped them mothers full!!! Has anyone else had problems or has anyone tried this remedy? I'm gonna puller and see if it works. If you see a big red 522 on the side of the road with all four hubs on fire, you'll know not to try it! I can't for the life of me, see why it won't work. But I've had plenty of other "mental superiorities" that proved why engineers get the big bucks!

Post Thanks / Like

22 footer I can feel your pain.We end up replacing what seems like every seal on a Ranger Trail at least once.Supposedly theyve got a new double lipped seal that wont let the oil out.We'll see.Shouldnt be anything wrong with just plain ole good marine wheel bearing grease.Maybe the darn thing will pull alittle easier.Ranger seem to me to be one hard pulling rig.PJ

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it pulls a little hard. I'm not sure what the whole mess weighs, but you can tell its behind you. I'm gonna try this and if it works I'll just keep pumping them full!