Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crawdad help

Post Thanks / Like

Default crawdad help

How do you know if you have crawdads in the creeks by you? The creek by me has a is mixed soft bottom with rocks and moves real slow. Help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

If it isn't to deep,I would just go & turn over a couple rocks & see if you see any under them.

I know the river/creek that runs through my property thats all I have to do,& they are everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

too much work for me, I grow mealworms

Post Thanks / Like

Take an old longneck beer bottle and rinse it out good. Put a couple rocks in it along with a piece of bacon and sink it in. Come back a couple hours later and if there is crawfish in it they will be in there. Or as stated, turn over a bunch a rocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Crawfish will live just about anywhere, I find them in drainage ditches around here all the time. I bet you they are in the creek your asking about.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

make you a crawdad trap.. bait it and toss it.. they will be there I am sure... you can find the plans on the net... I have made many of them as well as minnow traps from plastic coke bottles....but hey I am a cheap SOB.. its how I roll!...lol

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy a minnow trap at WalMart for a few bucks. It is a cylinder shape that comes apart in the middle. You can enlarge the two entry holes to about 2.5 to 3 inches and bait it with cut up fish or bacon and they will come to it. I looked at the ones on the internet and decided for $10 I just as well buy the Walmart one and enlarge the hole a little.
    SeaRay

Post Thanks / Like

how did u make it out of a plastic coke bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

walmart has minnow traps. go throw 1 of them in. bait it with bread and bacon. u will catch all kinds of things. thats how i get my chubs for catfishn. n thers always craws in em, and we catch all kinds of weird fish