Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie rods

I was wanting to know if any of you have used or use the Crappie Wizard rods ( Richard Williams Series ) and what you think of them. Also what are they made of ( graphite, fiberglass, IM6, IM7, IM8, etc ). I have been looking at them some on the internet and have not found out much about them. I was thinking of going to look at some to see for myself but wanted your input first. I am interested in the 12 footers. Thanks for any input.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the best crappie rods i have in my arsenal. I have the 10" model that i use to slow troll microspoons with.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a pic of them?

Post Thanks / Like

A very good graphite rod. We use them in our guide service for slip float rigs because the rod sports larger spinning eyes. It has a chartreuse colored tip for making the bite more visible when using it as a slow trolling rod. Here's a couple of pics. I've left them large so you can get a good look at them.

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine,

I have one of his last ones before he sold out to B&M it has a cork handle w/ and orange tip.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie rods

The orange tip - cork handle - Crappie Wizzard Rods- were ordered special for " Crappie Unlimited " - now known as "Angler' Unlimited". Since Richard sold out to B & M, they are no longer available. They are good rods, I have several. To keep the orange tips from fading over time, paint them with a coat of clear finger nail polish or spray them with some clear polyurethene.
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

i have several of richards rods, i love them, best rod on the market, i also use his 7.5 footer as well as the 10.5 russ bailey pole, these are all awsome products, also if you break one you can call richard and he will drive to your house and bring you a free one, just kiddin, i do love the poles.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I won't part with mine

I and some of my buddies bought several of the Crappie Wizard rods from Richard before he sold to B&M. I have several different brands of rods (Crappie Wizard, B&M, Walley Marshall,) and the Crappie Wizards are my favorites. To me the WM's I have are too heavy & the B&M's are too whippy. My Crappie Wizards are just right for me. They are light, stout, and sensitive. I rarely miss a bite or get a bad hook set..

I have had several friends go fish'n with me and use my rods. Almost all of them have tried to buy a couple off of me. I tell them "NO WAY! These rods have put too many fish in the boat!

I think you'll like'm.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have several of Richards pre-B&M rods and one of the Russ Bailey jigging models. The jigging rod is my favorite for winter fishing, you can feel the slightest bump when holding the rod in your hand. I use 10's and have a couple of 12's.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the good words about my crappie rods. All of my rods are IM-7 graphite. Nothing has been changed on any of the rods from when I was getting them made. The only difference is a B&M logo on them. They are exactly the same as they was before. They all have a one year warranty on them and B&M offers replacement tip sections if you should need one. The 10 and 12 footers are colored chart about the first 10 inches on the tip section.
    Now that B&M are making them, we don't have to worry about running out of stock. They have lots of them.
    Let me know if any one needs any more info about them.
    Thanks.
    Weezer
    [email protected]
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast