Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: douglas report

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default douglas report

thought i let every one know i fished douglas monday we had 25 keepers
    fished at indian creek fish were 10-12 feet deep real scattered water temp
    48-50 degrees i was trolling using flies tipped with minnows.going back tomorrow to try it again .

good fishing
    speck
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Lockjaw Guest

Default Douglas report

Thanks for the report on Douglas Lake. I live about one hour away, and the weather in NE Tennessee is warming up this week. I hope to get to the lake toward the end of the week. I should be about time for the crappie to begin moving up shallow. Does anyone know if Swan's is open for business. I rented a cabin there about this time last year. Good fishing and happy resurrection day. Jesus lives!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw
    Thanks for the report on Douglas Lake. I live about one hour away, and the weather in NE Tennessee is warming up this week. I hope to get to the lake toward the end of the week. I should be about time for the crappie to begin moving up shallow. Does anyone know if Swan's is open for business. I rented a cabin there about this time last year. Good fishing and happy resurrection day. Jesus lives!
    AMEN brother AMEN!!!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Speck Chaser, and you other Douglas anglers ...

Are you seeing very many Blacknose Crappie in your catches ? I read that in 2002, there was a stocking done at Douglas Lake. Here's an excerpt from that Tenn Sportsman article :

"A couple of years back, the agency had declared the crappie year-class on the lake as a failure. That declaration also led to the TWRA's first stocking of crappie in the lake in 2002. Churchill says 2002 was the first year they stocked Douglas, and they put in 161,786 blacknose black crappie and 22,959 white crappie."

I'll assume they were fingerlings when stocked - but, this will be going on their 3rd year (after being stocked), and I'd say they are probably getting into the 9-10" range ... or larger. I've caught them from Watts Bar Lake ... and let me tell you, you almost immediately know it's a Blacknose, when you set the hook. If they don't "bulldog" on you, hard enough to strip drag, they're just liable to jump clear out of the water ..... :D !!

Hope ya'll get into them .............. luck2ya .............cp