Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new to site

Main Beam Guest

Default new to site

Hey everyone Im new to the site, just wanted to say hi, Im from West TN (Medina- near Jackson)anyone else from my area? Just moved here from Okeechobee, FL

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Beam
    Hey everyone Im new to the site, just wanted to say hi, Im from West TN (Medina- near Jackson)anyone else from my area? Just moved here from Okeechobee, FL
    Watch out for the cops there. They get ya. Personal experience. I stays in Huntingdon sometimes, sometimes I stays at the lake. My profession now
    is House Painter.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from MD. I'll be spending some time down at Watts Bar this summer and fall...looking forward to it

Post Thanks / Like

House Painter! HA! Main Beam I live in Jackson and I second Tom's motion. Better be careful in that town. If it says 30 mph...you better. Don't matter if it is 4 lane or not.

Do ya have a boat?

The Hound

Main Beam Guest

Thanks cane pole, I found that out real quick! From what I can tell Gibson Co lake, Lake Gram, and Reelk Foot Lake seem to be the closest for me to fish I have a 17' Triton but I havent been yet, we got here late August and Ive spent all my time hunting. Anyone have and info in Gibson Co lake or Lake Gram they are both within minutes of the house. Im interested in when the spawn is what color of jigs to use, live bait? water clarity, etc.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Beam
    Thanks cane pole, I found that out real quick! From what I can tell Gibson Co lake, Lake Gram, and Reelk Foot Lake seem to be the closest for me to fish I have a 17' Triton but I havent been yet, we got here late August and Ive spent all my time hunting. Anyone have and info in Gibson Co lake or Lake Gram they are both within minutes of the house. Im interested in when the spawn is what color of jigs to use, live bait? water clarity, etc.
    Forget Gibson Co. The well went dry there. Forget Graham. Dinks. Reelfoot or Big Sandy. Dealers choice on the bait.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

LAKE GHRAM????? You had better have a seat belt in that Triton! That's the stumpiest lake in the South. I don't think Reelfoot is even as stumpy, no serious. The fishing can be great there but you'd better be careful.

Gibson County Lake MAY have enough water to launch a boat now. Some of the folks up that way can expound on that. There are some crappie there but it is known for it's 10+lb. florida strain black bass.

Most people head for the River, Big Sandy Area or Reelfoot when things get hot.

If you want to get in at Lake Ghram, PM me sometime and we'll go over there in my boat and I'll show ya around the lake if ya want.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... CanepPole is right there are alot of dinks at Ghram. The green Carp are big though.

The Hound

Main Beam Guest

Thanks CH I would like to do that! When do things heat up though? Is the big bite during the spawn? On Okeechobee it was always the spawn when the fish moved shallow wich was the full moon in January and February, mostly small fish there avg about 1/2 lb was a slab 1 1/2 , bass was a horse of a different color there though! The lake was never clear visibilty usually less than 2', green jigs with black or red head, chartruse, and blak head with pink body (sometimes if the water was clearing ) were primary colors, and nothing beat a missouri minnow on a cane pole! During the spawn shallow water 3' or less in the rocks or veggies, Water temps dictated the rest of the time! Sumer they were always schooled tight in deep water 15-30' Anything like that here?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Va.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast