Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Blackshear Tips PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Blackshear Tips PLEASE

If anyone can give me any tips on where to put in my boat,start fishing,style of fishing(trolling,poling,etc.) it would be most appercitaded and valued.I have fished the lake about 15 years ago we fished around docks at night.I have read some of the posting and have learned a little about the place some people have had some luck any more info would be valued info to me.
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU
    ScottyB

Post Thanks / Like

Right now you want to get on the trees. I plan on hitting them up all next week. You can find cypress trees in mass in the backs of any of the creek arms that branch off the lake. The Veterans State Park has a bunch. The back of Swift creek has even more, you can put in at Smoake bridge, and there is another ramp further back in the creek. Can't remember the name...Rocky point maybe? There is a ramp at the mouth of Cedar creek. Lots of trees in the back of Cedar. Then the whole northern part of the lake is trees, but I have no info on that. I'll probably start exploring that in May for those shellcracker and bream. If the crappie are on the trees, they are pretty aggressive and will hit most anything. My plan of attack will be to see if they are there with minnows, then see if I can catch em quicker with jigs. After they leave the trees, start checking the creek channels and bridge pilings. Check out the railroad tressel that crosses the lake and the bridge right above that. They will still be pretty aggressive until late May. Then it gets hot, and they pick and choose their feeding times. And they get deep. This is how I have figured out how to catch crappie whenever I go. Others on this board will probably have better advice to help you catch higher numbers. Keep asking questions though, I love to help however I can.

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing I found on Blackshear. Even after the crappie are finished spawning on the trees in shallow water, if the weather doesn't get too hot too quick, quite a few of them will hang around those trees for a while. I caught some last year towards the end of April around the trees. Big ones too.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lake Blackshear

Good information Crapster, Thanks for helping out. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackshear has been tough on me but Cedar Creek has turned out the best numbers. To get to the landing take Coney Road off Hwy 280 or GA 300, then take McKinney Road to the dead end, turn left and follow around till get to a hard curve to left and you will be looking at the creek and the landing. Kinda steep and gets rough if there is much boat traffic from the folks running half speed in those ski boats. Start at the mouth across the creek at the end dock. There is a break from 38' up to 15' and follow the creek channel in. If no fish work closer to the bank (trolling). Work the funnel where an old road crosses the creek. Several big stumps in the channel that usually hold some and stripers too. I have trolled all the way to the back past the idle only section and picked up fish the whole way back. The trees mentioned on the other posts are definately worth looking at. The only problem is finding the right ones. Some are really shallow and others are in 6'. There is also a channel that runs the length of the old road bed back to the north that stays about 7' and then a big flat off the east running 3-4'. Last year was the first year I actual had to count the fish to make sure I didn't keep to many :D. The trussel, Hwy 280 bridge and Smoke Bridge are good spots to check. I have seen a lot of boats fish the main lake river channel, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Hope you find 'em. Two weeks ago the lake was extemely clear and only caught a few white bass and a nice LM. The rain yesterday may have help. Seems they bite better stained.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For The Info! Any More Will Be A Great Help.
    Scottyb