Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arklabutla Info Please

Volman Guest

Default Arklabutla Info Please

Hi friends I'm a new member and am interested in some info about Arkabutla. I was hoping to try it out on the 1st of April and I don't know anything about the lake other than it sounds like it is shallow. I would appreciate any help on were to launch my boat and find a fish or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Volman,

Welcome to the site. I live in Memphis and never fish arklabutla. Go to Sardis, it's 30 min. down farther down the Interstate. You will hook up with alot more fish.

GO VOLS

Post Thanks / Like

Volman,
    Spoon is correct,if you want to catch alot of fish ,try Enid or sardis. but if you want a decent chance at catching monster crappie try Arkabutla or Grenada.You will not catch a fish every 5 minutes at arkabutla but your chances at 3 pound plus fish are much greater. My partner and I catch 3 pound plus fish on a pretty regular basis at Arkabutla but we also fish the lake alot. My partner is retired so he fishes at least 150 days per year, thats a good bit of fishing. I probably get in a good 75 days per year.
    Biguns only:D

Volman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    Volman,

Welcome to the site. I live in Memphis and never fish arklabutla. Go to Sardis, it's 30 min. down farther down the Interstate. You will hook up with alot more fish.

GO VOLS
    Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping to catch a big-un. I live north of Nashville and can usually catch a mess for supper at Old Hickory. I was at Bass Pro Shop and a Shimano sales rep. was telling me Arkabutla was a good lake to catch a slab.

Volman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by england
    Volman,
    Spoon is correct,if you want to catch alot of fish ,try Enid or sardis. but if you want a decent chance at catching monster crappie try Arkabutla or Grenada.You will not catch a fish every 5 minutes at arkabutla but your chances at 3 pound plus fish are much greater. My partner and I catch 3 pound plus fish on a pretty regular basis at Arkabutla but we also fish the lake alot. My partner is retired so he fishes at least 150 days per year, thats a good bit of fishing. I probably get in a good 75 days per year.

I was hoping to catch a few slabs and not the numbers, although a limit would be good too. Could you tell me if the water is deep enough to run a 20' foot bass boat in and get me in the general direction of a good spot. Thanks a bunch Volman

Post Thanks / Like

Volman,
    The water is low right now. You could put the big boat in on the south end of the dam and troll the Kelly's crossing area, the old river channel swings in to the bank in that area.If you have a smaller boat the backwaters above hwy 51 are the best bet for a few monsters right now. If we can get enough rain to bring the lake up to 220 to 225 the lake will be good.
    Biguns only:D

Volman Guest

Smile

Volman,
    The water is low right now. You could put the big boat in on the south end of the dam and troll the Kelly's crossing area, the old river channel swings in to the bank in that area.If you have a smaller boat the backwaters above hwy 51 are the best bet for a few monsters right now. If we can get enough rain to bring the lake up to 220 to 225 the lake will be good.
    Thank you for the info England, My fishing buddy and myself are going to try it on April the 1st or 2nd

Wardy Guest

Volman,
    England.... I am gonna be down there 26th and staying with a family just outside (east of) Senatobia. I hope to fish all four lakes. I was down there last year and all I saw was lower Sardis. Where is a good starting place ?