Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tobosofkee...3/22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tobosofkee...3/22

Went to Tobo this morning to try my luck, did allright...caught 10 then the T-storms rolled in (the weather people got it right for a change :rolleyes: ) and I had to head to the house. Not before getting soaking wet, though. I would have staid on the water and fished in the rain, but once the lightning started it was time to go. Water temp was still 58*, and the females all had big bulging egg sacs. So it won't be long till they are on the bank. Going this weekend, (either Sinclair or back to Tobo) along as the the T-storms that are predicted are not to bad.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    Went to Tobo this morning to try my luck, did allright...caught 10 then the T-storms rolled in (the weather people got it right for a change :rolleyes: ) and I had to head to the house. Not before getting soaking wet, though. I would have staid on the water and fished in the rain, but once the lightning started it was time to go. Water temp was still 58*, and the females all had big bulging egg sacs. So it won't be long till they are on the bank. Going this weekend, (either Sinclair or back to Tobo) along as the the T-storms that are predicted are not to bad.
    Excellent...I am going to head to Oconee on Friday this week...I feel a cold coming on...especially since my normal fishing day, Saturday may get T-stormed out.....I figure I will call in and take the sure thing on Friday....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Atta boy Dutch!! I went Monday to Toby..Originally was going to westlake on the Ocmulgee but the water was too high...Had to come up with alternate plans so I went to the duck ponds. I was in the smaller river boat so I didn't want to put my 4.5 motor on the big water... Zero...Tried trolling and fishing the brush piles along the edges but didnt get a dang bite..A lot of people on the banks but they were not doing anything either. Our day is coming!!!! 10 fish wasn't a total loss for ya..Keep me posted on Toby !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twogunkid
    Atta boy Dutch!! I went Monday to Toby..Originally was going to westlake on the Ocmulgee but the water was too high...Had to come up with alternate plans so I went to the duck ponds. I was in the smaller river boat so I didn't want to put my 4.5 motor on the big water... Zero...Tried trolling and fishing the brush piles along the edges but didnt get a dang bite..A lot of people on the banks but they were not doing anything either. Our day is coming!!!! 10 fish wasn't a total loss for ya..Keep me posted on Toby !!

Yea, they are still in deep water, 18' around any type of cover there is. I only picked up two trolling, the rest were on minnows fished under a cork set at 8' as some of the fish were holding between 9'-12'. Off this weekend so its back on the water.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.