Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: belews lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default belews lake

went to belews sat. hung out around the ramp till after 7:30 no body showed up , so me and the wife just went fishing.it was a good day cought some nice slabs.we will have to try it agan some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Newkid We Were There I Guess Around 7:45. What Were You Fishing In And Where Did You Fish. We Didn't Do Very Good But Never Do At Belews.

Post Thanks / Like

i was in a green ranger.i was fishing up the lake in deep water with spider-rig
    using 12 14ft rods.what were you in and where were you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

We Were In An Old White Lowe 165. I Think We Spoke To You At The Ramp But Things Got Busy. I'm The One That Ask You "did You Limit Out". We Started Out At The Cove Beside The Hot Hole Casting Jigs And Drowning Minnows. Nothing But Bass Would Bite. We Crossed Over The Main Lake And Thought I Saw You On The Left Of The Long Creek We Call Campers Point. You Might Have Seen Us Trying To Mark Some Fish On The Channel In There. We Ended Up Back Toward 158 And Stained Water. Only Managed A Few. By The Way. Nice Rig Man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLEMAN
    We Were In An Old White Lowe 165. I Think We Spoke To You At The Ramp But Things Got Busy. I'm The One That Ask You "did You Limit Out". We Started Out At The Cove Beside The Hot Hole Casting Jigs And Drowning Minnows. Nothing But Bass Would Bite. We Crossed Over The Main Lake And Thought I Saw You On The Left Of The Long Creek We Call Campers Point. You Might Have Seen Us Trying To Mark Some Fish On The Channel In There. We Ended Up Back Toward 158 And Stained Water. Only Managed A Few. By The Way. Nice Rig Man.
    yeah that was me, it did get a little busy about then.the guy in the big white center console was talking to me about crappie fishing out of a boat like his, it can be done as long as the wind ain't blowing.but i would not want to do it.
    we need to get together one day and see what we can do out there.belews is a tough lake, it is the only lake i fish that the crappie stay deeeeeep in the winter and mid summer the best time to catch the big ones is in late feb.mar.and early apr.and thanks about the compliment on my rig, i did it myself and it did not cost much to do.
    Last edited by newkid; 02-04-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Together Out There Sounds Like A Plan. There Are Several Of Us Nc Board Guys That Would Love A Lesson On "the Creek". I Know I'm Going To Hate Myself For Asking, But How Many Did You Snag. I Had Two Keepers And Of Course Several Largemouth Carp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLEMAN
    Getting Together Out There Sounds Like A Plan. There Are Several Of Us Nc Board Guys That Would Love A Lesson On "the Creek". I Know I'm Going To Hate Myself For Asking, But How Many Did You Snag. I Had Two Keepers And Of Course Several Largemouth Carp.
    actualey when we were at the ramp i thought you said are you leaving out, so no i did not limit out .i did catch 10 the bigest was 1 1/2 pound.