Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on the Bill Dance Porcupine attractor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice on the Bill Dance Porcupine attractor.

Hey guys, I purchased the Bill Dance porcupine fish attractor to place in the local lake, and I was looking for advice from anyone who has used these before. I plan on placing these on the flats near standing timber at depths ranging from 15' to 25'. I was curious about how to anchor or weigh the sphere down to keep it from moving around. There isn't alot of current in the lake since it is creek feed. Any advice would be appreciated. Wishing everyone many crappie days. Rollcaster........................
    Amateur Chaser of Those Thump Thumps to
    Raise Those Hand Kandys!

IG: Krappie Krane

Post Thanks / Like

Just tie one of the 1/2 block cinder blocks to it. We have about 8 or 10 of them out that way. I'm not going to use the porcupines anymore though, too expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

see my thread "bowling for crappie" for a not so expensive way to make a porcupine that needs no weight
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

I have been building the same thing useing toilet float balls. Ball, pipe, fitting and concrete cost me about $12 each. I plan on useing 1 3-hole red brick to sink them.

Post Thanks / Like

i put one of the pines in one sie of a cinder block and fill with concrete, works great!
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

I buy a PVC T and glue it on one end of the PVC pipe. Use the PVC piece that attaches to the base next to a small hole that is in the base of the porkepine. I then use a concrete block. I put the T'ed end through the opening in the block and then glue two small pieces of PVC to the T ends. I then for added security run a piece of bail wire through the small hole in the base of the porkepine and through the hole of the concrete block. This has worked good for me.. Although I have stopped buying them...You can make your own for much cheaper..

Post Thanks / Like

i'd get a 1,000 pound anchor considering how much you paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i'm with sac-a-lait...

return it to the store - take the money you spent and make LOTS of structure with PVC/buckets/concrete...

Look on the structure spot and type in crappie condo - you'll get great ideas and spend a fraction of the cost -

Seriously could make probably a dozen condos for that price - especially if you ahve a source for pvc or wood or buckets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the advice.

It's a no return for these products. I've had these in the garage for over a year. I bought just the center ball to make the attractors for my areas. The main reason I bought these were for the concealment factor when I take all the materials to the lake. Not from other fisherman, but from the staff at the lake. The lake I have in mind is a city empoundment and they may not allow it. Also, I bought these before I learned about this website and all the info available from my crappie addicted brothers. So really, I just wanted to know the best way to secure the attractors to the bottom and not a reminder of how much I paid for the items. Thanks.
    Amateur Chaser of Those Thump Thumps to
    Raise Those Hand Kandys!

IG: Krappie Krane

Post Thanks / Like

A kitty litter jug not bucket, the type with the small screw on lid. fill it with rocks leave the lid off and sink away
    Stinkies Daddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast