Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cover for boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cover for boat

I have to leave my Bass Boat parked outside. I have gone through several covers and let me tell you they are not water proof. I don't like rain water getting in my boat [if left setting very long the seats and things will mildew]. Don't seem to come up with anything that will keep it out. Anybody out there know of a cover or someway to solve my problem?
    Thanks again for the help

Post Thanks / Like

i have had good luck with the ones from walmart. and i use a push pole to raise the middle so water don't sit on it and soak through
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

I had a cover made out of an awning material called "argonaut". It is a breathable material and I never have a mildew problem. What I really like though, is that it's very resistant to UV rays. I guess it makes sense, since they use it on awnings. Best cover I've ever owned. I've had it for 15 years.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm w/ FW. Bought mine at Wal-Mart and never had a problem w/ water getting in the boat. Had a little itty bitty seapage when it rained cats and dogs and the cover finally got 6in. of water standing on it. But I didn't go get it off right away either.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

I got a fitted cover with a ratcheting system for my Tracker and it works well,the only place I will get a little leaking is at the seams and it's very minimal.I bought one of those cheap blue tarps that I will put over it(boat and fitted cover) if I know we are going to get real bad rain or if it's going to be sitting for longer than usual and than I don't get any water at all in.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the seat posts and made a cradle to go inside of the female end. Use a piece of chain link top rail and throw a piece of flatbed tarp over that and throw on a few bungies and its a done deal. Looks like a tent over the boat with a ridge down the middle. Water can't pocket like some store bought covers I've seen. Both ends are open so if it does get wet, from rain or leftover from a trip or washdown it will dry without mildew. Been using mine about 3 1/2 yrs now with real good results. Truck tarps aren't as expensive as you might think and they really last.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Make you a frame out of 2 inch PVC,thats what i use and it works great....

Post Thanks / Like

made mine out of 1/2 pvc & blue tarp works great take 1/2 pipe put around inside of boat cut about every 2 or 3 ft and put a t go straight across and put another t. take a piece of 1/2pvc and make an arch higher than your windshield . i have a 17ft with consoule and i have 5 front to back. get some oversized ts to put in middle of the arch to make a middle brace. i made mine into 2 pieces for better handling. do not glue anything untill you have everything cut & pieced together .you can cut this to fit around anything .after you have it all cut and pieced together take a black sharpie and mark where all the pieces join, then apply glue & line up your marks its not as hard as it sounds. just bye plenty of ts & coulpers and cold bevrages

Post Thanks / Like

I use the bottom of an 18 foot vinyl pool
    Stinkies Daddy