Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat motor questiion

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat motor questiion

i have an 18ft 1986 lazer and i have noticed that my boat will back up to the left really well but when i try to back up to the right the boat will not turn. i have measured the motor and found out the motor is not mounted in the center. i can't find any place where it has been moved so it must have come from the factory that way. is this normal? i can't seem to find any information on the internet about my boat i guess they quit making them.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

How long have you had the boat? has it just started doing that? Have someone stand back there & look to see if it's hitting something when you turn it. If the motor is not hitting then look under where the steering wheel is mounted & make sure it's not hitting. If nothing is in the way,Then it would have to be binding in the steering cable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ranger about that old that does the samething. I believe the motor does not turn as far in one direction.
    Bill

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the torqe of the motor, mine is bad.It will cut both ways the same but will not cause the boat to move unless you give it lots of throttle

Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy
    It's the torqe of the motor, mine is bad.It will cut both ways the same but will not cause the boat to move unless you give it lots of throttle

Rowdy
    This is what my 40 mariner does
    Stinkies Daddy