Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kissimmee river

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Went to the river this morning. Did not put in until 9:00 A.M. The wind was blowing pretty good. It was hard trying to troll and jig, so we just pulled up to some cane and tied up. We jig on the deeper side of the boat with jig and minnow. Orange & yellow, white, & red and white jigs worked the best. In 3 hours, we ended up with 39 nice crappies. Boy the crappie fisherman have sure been catching a lot of big crappies this year. Hope it continues next year.
    With full moon coming, we should have a great time catching crappies.

Later Swanie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

thanks for the info hope thier bitting that good next week me and dad might head up thier for 2 or 3 days. i need to get some new jigs tho..how the crappie doing on spawning right now over thier?..good luck with the full moon fishin....good fishin to ya :D
    :D CRACKER :D

Swanie Guest

Default Kissimmee River

Quote Originally Posted by okeechobee fisher
    thanks for the info hope thier bitting that good next week me and dad might head up thier for 2 or 3 days. i need to get some new jigs tho..how the crappie doing on spawning right now over thier?..good luck with the full moon fishin....good fishin to ya :D
    It looks like the crappies are getting ready to spawn now. Most the the fish we got yesterday had eggs in them and they were getting bloody.
    I will be going out again today.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

good look swanie go slay them fish :D
    :D CRACKER :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default The river on the 29-31 March

My daughter and Son-In-Law [down from Georgia] are going to be camping
    at Oscar Shearer State Park next week. We are to meet them for a couple days camping and visting the grand kids. We spend the winters at Astatula on the Harris Chain.
    I just got the idea, after reading your comments that I might think abouit bringing my boat with me and going to Big "O" for a day of fishing. My question- what is your opinion on the fishing next Tuesday or Wensday, and is the river still going to be the place to go?
    Joe [Thanks in advance for any info.]

QUOTE=Swanie]It looks like the crappies are getting ready to spawn now. Most the the fish we got yesterday had eggs in them and they were getting bloody.
    I will be going out again today.

Later Swanie[/QUOTE]

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

[QUOTE=Joe]My daughter and Son-In-Law [down from Georgia] are going to be camping
    at Oscar Shearer State Park next week. We are to meet them for a couple days camping and visting the grand kids. We spend the winters at Astatula on the Harris Chain.
    I just got the idea, after reading your comments that I might think abouit bringing my boat with me and going to Big "O" for a day of fishing. My question- what is your opinion on the fishing next Tuesday or Wensday, and is the river still going to be the place to go?

Hi Joe, the river should be good next week. Also Kings Bar is producing some nice fish. The lake is no good at all. But you never can tell from one day to the next.
    I thought they would be hitting pretty good today, ended up with 28 nice ones.
    That is not to bad with out a trolling motor & just stopping in some weeds and jigging. Suppose to get a new one Friday.
    Sure hope it comes in.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Keep the Info Coming

Thanks for the info.
    let me know how you are doing on up thru the first of next week.
    Do you live in the area. Permanent or snow bird?
    Joe

[QUOTE=Swanie]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    My daughter and Son-In-Law [down from Georgia] are going to be camping

Hi Joe, the river should be good next week. Also Kings Bar is producing some nice fish. The lake is no good at all. But you never can tell from one day to the next.
    I thought they would be hitting pretty good today, ended up with 28 nice ones.
    That is not to bad with out a trolling motor & just stopping in some weeds and jigging. Suppose to get a new one Friday.
    Sure hope it comes in.

Later Swanie

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Thanks for the info.
    let me know how you are doing on up thru the first of next week.
    Do you live in the area. Permanent or snow bird?

Joe
    Hi, I am a snowbird.
    We went out this morning and got 30. It sure will be nice to get a trolling motor to do the kind of fishing that I do. But a little fishing is better than not fishing at all. Going again in the morning, will let you know how we did.

Later Swanie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Swanie; 03-23-2005 at 10:17 PM.

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Hey Guys, went out this morning and went up the river about 1/4 mile. Boy did we get into some nice crappies. Put in at 6:30 A.M. and by 8:30 A.M. we were pulling the boat out with 37 real nice crappies. We just pulled up along the weeds and tied on and jigged out towards the river. Did not matter what color we used, as long as it was tip with a minnow. It was one of the nices mess of crappies I have had this year.
    There were 3 that were at least 2#.
    Going again tomorrow morning.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Default good catch

Sure is stirring up my interest.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Swanie
    Hey Guys, went out this morning and went up the river about 1/4 mile. Boy did we get into some nice crappies. Put in at 6:30 A.M. and by 8:30 A.M. we were pulling the boat out with 37 real nice crappies. We just pulled up along the weeds and tied on and jigged out towards the river. Did not matter what color we used, as long as it was tip with a minnow. It was one of the nices mess of crappies I have had this year.
    There were 3 that were at least 2#.
    Going again tomorrow morning.

Later Swanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast