Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4th annual Summer Slabfest on Lake Harding Georgia-Alabama line May 3, 2008

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4th annual Summer Slabfest on Lake Harding Georgia-Alabama line May 3, 2008

We started these back in the summer of 2005 and they have grown each year. Lake Harding(Bartlett's Ferry is located on the Chattahoochee River.
    The weigh in will be at The Landing, a baitshop/store/marina/ and restuarant. Weigh in site may be changed to Blanton creek park like usual. We will be camping Thursday thru Sunday @ blanton Creek park on the north end of the lake.http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/home.asp
    just follow the links to Blanton creek.. phone is 706 643 7737

We have a tourney from 6:30am till 2 pm then we all eat and fellowship. We start fishing thursday and fish night and day till we leave Sunday morning..We have a great time. I just want to invite you guys that have attended in the past along with you that might want to join us. Do a seach for Slabfest Georgia and you will find pictures and desciptions of what we do there.. These are pics from Blackshear but we do the same at all Slabfest

me below writing with Bruce from Sav. Georgia with some prize money

i got lucky and had the tourney bigfish at this one

this was the winner last spring at the 3rd annual Blackshear Slabfest

and after the weigh in we all RELEASE To The GREASE!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great time!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    Looks like a great time!
    it sure is .. I have met some friends for life at these events.. Some great fishermen and women..Not names you see in books but some people that know how to catch crappie. great people to boot

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

boy that is a nice cooker - I hope ncnat is taking notes we need to build one of those for our socials
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

ya gotta bump these things...ttt
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 02-06-2008 at 01:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you Georgia - Alabama boys know how to put one on. Too bad none of it rubbed off on my wife when she lived there. She's a city girl all the way.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]