Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canepole.....Moose don't need tricks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole.....Moose don't need tricks

to get your truck. He'll do it the old fashion way by outfishing you. You best be hide'n that truck cause the time is drawing near when Ole Moose will be driving it back to Indiana and maybe with your boat and new motor attached to it!! Hows about that to think on?

You feeling the pressure yet? :D

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default That Cane Pole, He's not sweat'n it.....

I'll be talking with Cane Pole about where he's gonna sink moose's truck for a good crappie condo. I Think I know a guy with a ferry boat, won't be any trouble at all, just let me know CP.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pressure

Only pressure I fill is the "hot air" out of Indiana........lol
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speaking Of Hot Air

We Sure Could Use Some. I'd Say About 75 Degrees Would Suit Me Just Fine. This Cold Rain Ain't Get'n It.

Ain't Nothing Better Than Over Confident People To Take Advanage Of..when Is The Big Day?

Larry..........I'm Just Stirring The Pot A Little.

Post Thanks / Like

Over Confident, as in after years of reading and no practicing? Gotta have the BS filter on when reading these posts. Lots of crying going on up north. Lots of crap being talked. I have seen Moose at Toms house and its like a baby following the bottle around and Tom is the bottle. This is gonna be really good. I already know the result Larry and you do also. Just stirring the pot a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL you guys are crazy!

Someone's got to melt all that snow you have down there in TN!

Are we going to fish for the boat titles also? LOL

I could use a new brush pile with a new motor mixed in.

Speaking of boats. I finally got the new brown carpet glued onto the pattern. I have placed the pattern on my boat deck with the new carpet and it looks good. I have to put about 20 sheet metal screws all along the edges and add the L aluminum trim all around the edges. Then I need to shoot some screws strategically around the deck to hold the middle portion of the new carpet in place. I will be working on this tomorrow as it's suppose to stop raining and warm into the low 60's tomorrow. It's been raining here for the last two days.

Hey Larry Patoka is at 533 ft asl right now and they are flowing about 800 cfs out at the damn. With this rain they will continue to flow that water. That should make the lake get a lot of fresh water in in it. The upper reaches of the patoka River should be warming up. If I lived closer to the lake and had my boat ready to go I would be thinking about fishing that area tomorrow. I found a big rip in the aluminum in the front of my boat. It's about 9" long and the metal has split about 1/4" wide. Lucky for me there is a big thick 1/4" piece of square aluminum welded to the outside of the boat's nose where the boat's has a metal piece with a hole though it that I use to attach the hook on the rope wench. This area is stress each time I pull the boat up onto the trailer with the wench rope. The back side (Inside the boat is where the rip is located.). I am going to have to find someone who can weld the aluminum together and I will let them weld some trim around one of my decks doors to a storage compartment. Then I need to replace the carpet on the 2 x 4s that my boat sits on when it's on my boat trailer. Once I get the front of the boat welded and the door frame welded then I will take the boat over to the launch ramp with some tools and the new carpet and make those repairs to my trailer. I also noticed that one of the reasons my boat is hard to get off the trailer is due to the fact that one spring is sitting lower than the other. I had a spring break on my trailer back in 1994 the last time I went boating with my X. That trip I ended up leaving the boat at Tony's to have them put on a new spring on the trailer. I think that the other spring is lower than the new one. Not sure what I can do except to have another spring to replace the older origional. Man it's always something. I spent a forture this month as I had to buy a bunch of new tools. My old battery operated black and Decker drill's battery charger failed me for the second time. I found out that battery no 1 was shorted out and it was ruining my battery charger. I got a new charger and when I put battery no1 in the new charger the charger failed. I spent 25 bucks on the new charger and they wanted 50 bucks for a new 12 volt battery. I told Batteries Plus to stick it when they would not refund my money for the new charger as I waited longer than 30 days to take the bettery charger back to them. I won't be doing much buinsess with those guys in the furture. Instead of buying another B&D 12 volt charger and 12V battery for about 75 bucks I just went out and got a new Dewalt 18V Portable Drill. I have been eyeing that drill since 1996 and finally broke down and bought one. I got a new 7 to 18.8 V battery charger and two 18volt batteries. Since I already have a Dewalt battery charger and two other 18 volt batteries along with a portable circular saw and a portalbe dewalt Saw Zaw I can use any battery with any portable device and I can charge all four of these 18 V batteries with any of the two 18 volt chargers. I am in good shape with portable battery operated tools now. You don't know how many times I wished I had a better portable drill with more power. This one is 1/2' drive where my old B&D was only 3/8" drive. The 18v batteries are much more powerful and the drill has a steel nose so that it's much more rugged. I can now work on my boat at the boat ramp without having an electrical outlet close buy. If I have to replace the long 2x4s on my boat trailer I can do that. I can also now adjust the bolts that adjust the brackets that hold the 2x4s on the trailer. I am going to get the boat off the trailer this week and remove the old carpet off those 2x4's and then remove the old staples and then staple some new carpet onto the 2x4's. I am hoping that it will make the boat come off the trailer and go onto the trailer easier.

The new carpet on the front deck looks much better. I was tired of seeing the old carpet on there with all the holes in spots where the old carpet had fallen apart. I could see the aluminum decking below the old carpet and the old carpet glue was showing though the holes. Now's its much better and looks great. I wrote about how long and how much work it was to get the old carpet and the old glue off the deck. I was surprised to find out that the deck does not have any plywood built into it but it's solid aluminum. Fishermarine sure built this boat solid. I am hoping that I don't have wood in the subflooring but fear that they did put some wood in there. In a few more years I may have to rebuild the subfloor if I don't get a new boat before then. LOL. I am getting a lot of satisfaction in rebuidling the boat as it's not that hard if you take your time and do it right and have the right tools. I do wish that I had a mig welder so that I could weld the aluminum myself instead of having to pay out the A** to have someone else do that for me.

Spring is getting here slowly but surely. I had to kick some mocking birds out of my holly tree this week as they want to build a nest there. If they do that they will be harrassing me all spring each time I get out in my yard. Those birds can be really pesky and they tend to be very protective of any nest. They were divebombing a dog last year anytime he got in my back yard. I ended up kocking their next out of my 10ft tall holly tree at the end of my house as they started to dive bomb me when I was working in my little garden which is in the back yard right by that holly tree. I ended up shooting one of the little mocking birds with my pellet gun and his mate moved to the neighbors yard. Now their offspring are trying to set up housekeeping in my holly tree once again. I don't mind robins nesting in there but those mocking birds are too mean and they must go. I don't mind the little spatzies or the robbins and prefer them to those nasty mean old mocking birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Only pressure I fill is the "hot air" out of Indiana........lol
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Good goobly goo, what a damn novel. Nah, I personally think house titles will be more appropriate myself. Of course, that is up to you Moose.

Post Thanks / Like

House Boat Trucks ok I am up for it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Good goobly goo, what a damn novel. Nah, I personally think house titles will be more appropriate myself. Of course, that is up to you Moose.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up JB weld..

..Moose, JB Weld makes an application for aluminum...works good...will fix your split bow..but may not do anything for your hatch problem...
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

I have JB weld over several small holes in my boat where the aluminum rivet heads popped off over the last 25 years. but this split is petty big and I need to have it heliarch weldes shut. this is right behind the area where the trailer rope hold the boat on the trailer and there is a lot of stress on the alumium in this spot. I normally wench the rope up really tight and that pull on that aluminum a lot. I can get it welded shut and that will be a lot stronger than just using JB weld. And if I use JB weld and it does not hold I will have to remove all the old JB weld from that spot before I can get it welded. That in inself would be a hard job removing all the dried on JBWeld stuff. JB weld will interfest with the welder and it must all be removed down to bare metal before the welder can work his magic. I do keep a couple tubes of the JB weld around the house. I have the regular and the fast drying 5 minute JB weld in my tool box.

this is the worst break in my boat that I have seen in over 25 years. I had one seam split a few years back and that almost sunk my boat. I had about 6" of water in my boat before I found out that I was taking on water. I was up on the front of the boat when that happned and my fishing buddy asked me if we were suppose to have that much water in the boats floor before I turned around and figured out what was going on. All I knew was that I was taking on water and that I had to get my boat going and planed out so that I could pull both the drain plugs to let the water drain out of my boat. I like to never got the boat on plane as the water in the back of the boat was not letting the bow come down and without getting the bow to come down I could not get any speed. I was lucky as I sent my fishing partner up to the front of the boat while I drove with my feet and crawled back over the back deck to reach the plugs. I was able to get one of the plugs pulled and then the front of my boat went down and I gathered some speed. Buy that time I was able to get my friend off the front deck and back to the rear bench seat to hold onto the steering wheel while I reached back over the back deck to pull the other drain plug. Once I got the boat moving over 16mph the water flowed out the drain plugs and the boat started to get the water out and it floated and gained speed. I had to keep driving around in circles at the boat dock to keep the water out of the boat until I could run up on the trailer and get the boat out of the water to inspect it. Once I got the boat on the trailer and out of the water I found a 6" long spit where they welded the bottom of the boat to the right or starbord side of the boat. That joint was broken and there was a 6" long spilt in the metal. Only by getting the boats nose up did that stop the water from coming into my boat that day. The drain plug pulling idea to drain the water out was an idea I leaned while working The Big Unlimited Hydroplane boat races when they were held here in Evansville, IN .. I worked as a rescue diver/EMT for those boat races for about 8 years before I retired from that volunteer job. Some day I will get my pictures of those boat races and post them in here. I just have to remember to bring them from my mom's house where they are right now. I can scan them and put them on the web now that I have a scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by KARL
    ..Moose, JB Weld makes an application for aluminum...works good...will fix your split bow..but may not do anything for your hatch problem...
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast