Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Braving the weather turned out great

Post Thanks / Like

Default Braving the weather turned out great

I have had my boat for about 4 months now and havent had the chance to take my wife out in it yet. This morning after she took our daughter to school she came home and said, take me out in the boat. I wanted to, but then again, the weather forecast for today was rain and thunderstorms, strong winds with possible tornadoes in the afternoon. I decided to be brave and take her for a very short while. She said there were other boats at the ramp when she passed, so I decided I would not be the only fool on the water. It turned out to be a good decision. I only got to fish about 20 minutes and had 11 big slabs. I had to make a cast and catch a fish and then troll my boat back to the area because every time I would catch one the wind would blow me away. I then took her for a short ride up the lake and back and we headed in. I was on the lake and back home in about an hour. Pretty darn good considering the conditions. I wished the weather had been better, probably would have wore them out. Wife enjoyed the trip and said she had fun, said she wanted to go more when the weather gets better. I cant wait, theres no better way to spend time together than on the lake fishing. Love to you all.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some great fishing with a low pressure system moving in. Glad to here you did well.

Scrap
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Its first fishing trips like that, that create real fishing addicts.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure glad to hear your wife liked the boat ride seeker......if she likes it that means you'll get to do it more often......and believe me..some of your best times together will be in that boat if you make sure she has fun when she goes out with you. If you have a wife that enjoys the same things you do you are a very lucky man...enjoy!!!