Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need rod info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need rod info

Anybody useing Pro Angler rods made in Texas? check out www.proanglertackle.com and find their trolling rods. Great price and they seem to be high quality. Hate to buy a rod without holding it first!
    Last edited by Brush Buster; 01-31-2008 at 11:22 PM.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the site i think i will be getting some of those 10 footers with the reel.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the guy at the bottom of the web site (Ed) today. We talked for about 30 minutes. I know a lot more about rods now! He pretty much works out of his house and that is why the rods have a good price. I ordered a 10 and an 8 footer. They are high grade graphite. Very lite but strong.

I should have mine by 2/6/08. I will let you know how they work out.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

i will be waiting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Brushbuster!

Did you get 'em?
    Do you like 'em?

Post Thanks / Like

o0o0o0oh interesting
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i did get them. I got the 8 footer and the 10 footer. I fished one time with them and did not have a good day but not due to the rod. I did catch one crappie on the 8 footer and it felt good. They are stiffer than the standard BnM jig pole. Very lite and sensitive. The reel seat is about 2" further up the handle than most rods which helps with rod holders. I tested 1.5 oz if lead on the end and the 10' footer held up good with only limited tip drop. I think they would be good for trolling cranks but i have not tried it yet. They have more eyes than other rods i use. They feel most like a WM all purpose but i think they are a little liter. So far l really like them but i guess time will tell. I did ge a PM from an individual that said his 10 footer broke the other day while landing a fish. Not sure what happended.
    Brush Buster