Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton lake

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Clinton lake

Went out to clinton marina this afternoon. There's where some guys out fishing around the marina. Talked to one gentlemen and he was doing good pulling in a couple of small ones while i was talking to him,he was very nice and polite guy to talk too. One guy had a five gallon bucket full of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

how much ice is on the lake ?
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

The main lake is pretty much ice free, while the coves are ice covered with about 1-3 inches in areas. This last weekends warm weather really thinned the ice layer. Hopefully warmer weather is around the corner. I'm going to try my luck this weekend to see if i can catch any crappie on clinton.
    Hows everyone else doing out there ?

Post Thanks / Like

are the docks there open to anyone or do you have to have a slip to fish them?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Clinton lake marina

You have to have a slip are belong to the clinton marina fishing club. The annual cost to belong to the club is 300 dollars. The rules are straight foreword, I wish i could get a membership but 300 dollars I don't just have laying around and two the other half thinks it's a little pricey.I'' just have to save up for i guess. I only retyped the rules that were given to me yesterday.

Clinton Marina Fishing Club Rules
    1. Renewal is one year after membership begins.
    2. NO refunds,
    3. Members will reciever one key that allows access to main gate, gates to the slips and restrooms.
    4 Each member is allowed to bring one guest 6 times during a year -guest need to sign in at marina front counter.
    5. No fishing where signs are posted. No fishing where signs are posted. No fishing on perimeter of building ,gasdock,or on the ramp.
    6. No fishing in customer slips when they are present or if the posted a No fishing signs.
    7. No weekend fishing from memorial weekend thru Labor day weekend as this is our peek season.(friday at noon thru Sunday evening).
    8. Do not use customer dock boxes to put anything on and do not sit on them.
    9. No stink bait, smelly bait, or beans.
    10. No cleaning fish on dock -clean fish only at the fishi cleaning station located above the parking lot.
    11. Keep tackle and personal items out of walkways.
    12. Please pick up trash and make sure you clean up after yourself- WE like to keep a very clean Marina .
    13. Use common courtesy with otheres.
    14. ** Must keep Marina Staff supplied with Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Geez....i would think they could make some more $$ if they would have daily fees and not let you fish in their slip owners slip...they do this at hillsdale and melvern...its $5-7 a day and those places are full on weekends...i bet they do not have anyone paying $300.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of crappie and wipers to be had at Clinton on Saturday. Fished for about five hours and caught well over 100 fish

Post Thanks / Like

whats the water temp at clinton?is all the ice cleared?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any news on clinton ????????

Anybody got any news on clinton ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake report

Yeah just got back from clinton lake. I drove around the whole lake to see how the lake is doing. All boat ramps are open the ice is thawed:D only a few spots of ice that maybe 1/4 inch thick on the south sides of the wakarusa and rock creek arms by the bridges that cross them. Thier were a few boats out fishing in the trees. Also walked the north shoreline off of E 550 road, and major shad kill. The shad ranged from 6- 12 inches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast