Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ways To build Crappie Beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ways To build Crappie Beds

I've been building stick mats from scrap saw mill lumber for years. I have noticed that most of the saw mills are now chipping it up for mulch or getting a contract with certain companies where they take all of the scrap. I just thought i would post a thread to get some new ideals for crappie mats. Other than stick mats, bucket mats, bamboo mats and Christmas trees.

Post Thanks / Like

This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

SWAMP,
    i've used "stick buckets" for a while,, mainly cuz they're easy,, how i do'm

i had a painter buddy get me some 5 gals. buckets, cut them square at 5" from top (throw the bottom away)

we gotta cabinet shop here in BROKEN ARROW that gives away their cutoff strips...

put the top of that bucket on the grass and fill with concrete mixed a little wetter than normal,, let it set for 30, then poke yer sticks in it go'n in several directions, with the diameter of the top of sticks not to exceed 4', with one in the center perfectly plumb,, when dry lift off of grass and you'll have grass in the concrete i'll assure ya it won't hurt nothing, tap the top edge of the bucket downward while holding the plumb stick,, one bag of 40# mix will make 5 stick buckets with a weight of about 10# each,, install at yer favorite spot in dec./jan. and they'll be ready and holding fish come march..
    JAKE
    ~~~~~~~({<(((((((*>
    unOFFICIAL Mayor of BLUFF Landing, OK

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jake,

How many sticks do you put in? When you say "several directions" it sounds like only a handful of sticks. I'm mentally comparing christmas tree density with this..sounds like an easy method though.

ba