Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: u.s. reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default u.s. reels

anyone have one of these? i bought one at the boat show last night, i have been reading about them and wanted to gave it a try for long cast in the spring, crazy looking reel, the spool is huge, hope i will like it because they are kinda pricey.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

I was once interested in that reel till I discovered that it was made in China. It just irked me that they would call a reel made there US reel. Its deceiving IMO. If your really interested in that style of reel BPS makes one that is almost identical, and its most likely made at the same plant in China, but at least they don't make it sound like its made in the US. They upgraded the BPS model this year to a point that I think it matches the quality of the US reels, and it costs less.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=10002712
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I was interested in the reel when it first came out, but it was a little pricey for me. At that price, I would rather have a Shimano or a Daiwa.

Post Thanks / Like

I and my brother have one and we like ours. Got them last July so have been used a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    I was once interested in that reel till I discovered that it was made in China. It just irked me that they would call a reel made there US reel. Its deceiving IMO. If your really interested in that style of reel BPS makes one that is almost identical, and its most likely made at the same plant in China, but at least they don't make it sound like its made in the US. They upgraded the BPS model this year to a point that I think it matches the quality of the US reels, and it costs less.

You right about what they have done Grizz. I won't spend a dime with them or anybody else that thinks we are too stupid to read a "made in" sticker! CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ardent! Made in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about one of those also, I researched it. I felt the same way as GRIZZ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ

I hate it when companies use the flag or other deceptive methods to push a product

Makes me wanna hockey in my hand and rub it in my hair, or whats left of it
    Stinkies Daddy