Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help on finding a good depth finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help on finding a good depth finder.

I'm looking for a new depth finder. I mainly crappie, and catfish. The unit i have on my tracker now,it is outdated and you really can't tell alot about bottom contour or structure. Im looking at a hummingbird matrix 47 3D. it really looks good, abit pricey, but i look at it like this, if you really want to see whats down there, you need good electronics, right.
    I have been having trouble locating fish when their holding tight to cover, also my deepfinder doesn't show fish depth, i think that is as important as water temp. when trying to troll.If anyone has one of these depth finders,do you like it? If anyone knows of a better model, spill the beans. Getting Frustrated! :confused:
    Last edited by Dearl; 03-22-2005 at 01:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Three Dimentions beats Two Dimentions anyday IMHO

If I had $500 bucks or more I would get that model from Humminbird. They also have a newer unit in the 900 series that does the same thing as the Matrix 47D but also have sidescanning sonar with a sideways view of the bottom.

If you are familar with www.Kentucyhydrografx.com and the work of Pat Hahs then you should be familar with what sidescanning sonar can do. I am not sure that the Humminbird unit will work as well as the one that Pat has been using to map Kentucky Lake in the last year or so. But you never know

Yes they are expensive but man think of the time you can save it they work as advertized. I would love to have one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearl
    I'm looking for a new depth finder. I mainly crappie, and catfish. The unit i have on my tracker now,it is outdated and you really can't tell alot about bottom contour or structure. Im looking at a hummingbird matrix 47 3D. it really looks good, abit pricey, but i look at it like this, if you really want to see whats down there, you need good electronics, right.
    I have been having trouble locating fish when their holding tight to cover, also my deepfinder doesn't show fish depth, i think that is as important as water temp. when trying to troll.If anyone has one of these depth finders,do you like it? If anyone knows of a better model, spill the beans. Getting Frustrated!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Recently purchased an Eagle Fishmark 480. For the money it would be hard to beat. It features 480x480 mega pixels and 1500 watts of power. I've been real impressed with it. Only 189.00 on sale at BPS

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a Hummingbird Matrix 37 and I like it so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I Too Just Bought The Matrix 37. Less Money And Still Has Alot Of The Options! I Really Like It So Far--broke Down Today And Ordered The Gps Receiver For It.bass Pro Had It On Sale For $99--about $20 Cheaper Then Humminbird!! Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com