Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinclair - Dock Lights and Trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinclair - Dock Lights and Trolling

Went to Sinclair - Twin Bridges area on Sunday afternoon, put in about 3:30ish....ran over to Bear Creek and caught 4 small ones within 15 minutes of starting....but, left out of there because of there was already 4 boats in there and it was kinda crowded to continually have to be turning, etc....

So, We went under the bridge and trolled over there.....caught another 12 before the sun went down....my friend hooked into at least a 3.5 ft gar......we thought he had a log on and then once he got it close to the boat it came out of the water enough to get a good look and then it broke his line.

We then took a little break and grabbed a few snacks before shooting some docks....

After the sun was all the way down we began dock-lights and that is where we caught our better quality fish for certain....we caught 10 more good quality fish before calling it a night....

We were catching our fish mostly on black/chartreuse and other really dark colors.

Trolling we were in the 10 - 12 ft range mostly.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

What was the water temp? Did they look like they were about to bust or thin? I went to West Point Sunday and only picked up 18 with my son. All of them from a 100 yard stretch on some stumps in 9-12 feet. Best size fish I have caught this year. According to couple guys bass fishing, water temp was still hanging around 57, and they hadn't found much water any where at or above 60.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner
    What was the water temp? Did they look like they were about to bust or thin? I went to West Point Sunday and only picked up 18 with my son. All of them from a 100 yard stretch on some stumps in 9-12 feet. Best size fish I have caught this year. According to couple guys bass fishing, water temp was still hanging around 57, and they hadn't found much water any where at or above 60.
    Water temp was between 57 - 59 depending on where we were at.....they did not look all that fat to be honest...I was very suprised, and they were not what appeared to be males either because they were not at all dark....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

gaboy,
    me and shep went to sinclair saturday morning around 7:00 am Man there were a 150 Bass boats out and about there rocking us like no tommorow. We went back up in to Rooty Creek, all the way back in shallow water 9-10 ft. Pulled about three out of there, then went into the deeper water 16-20 ft. and caught another 20 or so. The crappie were still deep. We caught them on blue/silver blue/white katlin jigs, fish heads instead of round, you know the ones steve sells at his store. Anyway, we went back again Sunday morning, you know shep's Mom and Dad live there, and we didn't have to get up so early to get there. We fished till a little after noon, caught about 20 more crappies none any the size we caught at the beginning of the year but decent. We then went and watched the rocking bass boat weigh in. Pretty good catch them boys got. We are planning a trip to clarke hill this weekend supposedly german creek escapade. Hope them bass fisherman have somewhere else to go cause i sure am tierd of all the rocking. Come on out if you get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jack1
    gaboy,
    me and shep went to sinclair saturday morning around 7:00 am Man there were a 150 Bass boats out and about there rocking us like no tommorow. We went back up in to Rooty Creek, all the way back in shallow water 9-10 ft. Pulled about three out of there, then went into the deeper water 16-20 ft. and caught another 20 or so. The crappie were still deep. We caught them on blue/silver blue/white katlin jigs, fish heads instead of round, you know the ones steve sells at his store. Anyway, we went back again Sunday morning, you know shep's Mom and Dad live there, and we didn't have to get up so early to get there. We fished till a little after noon, caught about 20 more crappies none any the size we caught at the beginning of the year but decent. We then went and watched the rocking bass boat weigh in. Pretty good catch them boys got. We are planning a trip to clarke hill this weekend supposedly german creek escapade. Hope them bass fisherman have somewhere else to go cause i sure am tierd of all the rocking. Come on out if you get the chance.
    Hey there......Yeah....we had several that were on the small side in my opinion, but the best fish we caught were shooting docks...we got some good quality fish then....averaged about 1 lb...for Sinclair I like those....

That is crazy...I hate contending with the Bass Fishing waves, but you got to do what you got to do, ya know???

I am actually calling into work on Friday morning so I can fish Oconee....with the potential for T-Storms on Saturday I would rather take the sure thing on Friday and fish than chance my trip being cancelled because of T-Storms...that is about the only weather conditions that will take me off the water...

All our good fish came on a black/chartruese slider....and that is pretty much all I use is those tri-heads (fish-heads), I only buy my jig heads from steve, but I don't get any round....I guess I am just weird that way.....I don't have a single round head in my tackle....except for the ones that come on some hal-flys, etc.....

We caught all our fish trolling in about 10 - 13 ft.....when you put in at Twin Bridges, instead of heading right to Optimist Island, we hooked a left and went under the bridge that way and fished that little creek.....worked pretty good....but, I really can't wait to try Oconee on Friday now......

Are y'all pre-fishing for the Regionals???

My partner and I are going to make a trip up there sometime soon, but he is moving this weekend so I am actually going with my wife on Friday most likely and if I can still sneak a trip in on Saturday between storms I might hit Sinclair again really quick......Sinclair is just so convenient to my house I can't help but want to go there quick...but, locally Oconee is my favorite.....
    ><)))*>