Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for dual console boat owners

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for dual console boat owners

Where do you put your poles while traveling? Thinking about a new boat but trying to figure out how to overcome this problem.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Let me clearify on my question. If you tightline and decide to move to another area on the lake, do you have to break them all down and put them into the rod storage box?
    It seems as though there is nowhere to lay them along the boat floor if you use 12' or longer poles.

Post Thanks / Like

We just reel them up and lay them down along the out side of each console, with the reels to the front. I have the rod saver things that we will run across them if its going to be a rough ride. Then for highway travel we just cross them between the consoles in the same way. Haven't lost one yet, but if you do the Wally Marshall rods WILL float! Kicked a few of them out, but never lost one.
    Last edited by 22Footer; 01-30-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has the driftmaster rod resters that hook to the rod holder,
    poles held vertical. I've seen him going at least 45 down the lake, poles
    bowed back in the wind, and it seems to work for him.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have a dual console but same problem.
    I installed PVC vertical rod holders right next the floor and the casting deck.
    Cheap and works great while on the water.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

The dual console sure eats up a LOT of room in a boat. I didn't realize that till I bought one. No room for your buddy's stuff. Makes it tougher to find a place to kneel down and reach water to pick up markers, lip fish, etc. I don't break down long poles either for water travel but they do hang over side of boat and flop around a bit. One of these days I will regret it.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tie rapped a couple of 12" long pcs. of PVC pipe to 3 of my T-bar. I can ride 6 rods vertically at the T-bars and another 6 on verticle rod holders attached to both sides of the center console. Four rods will have to lay in the boat.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a duel console Xpress X-19. There is plenty of room to lay them down since each side has about 6 inches of flat carpeted surface between the outside of the console to the side edges of the boat and extending all the way off the front deck to the back deck. There is also a rubber bunge type tie down on the outside of both decks that you just stretch over the rods and clip to the deck for easily securing them when your running.

Post Thanks / Like

on the lake between the consoles they can't bounce out.the best thing about a dual console the passenger is able to see to. john

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Resters

I USE DRIFTMASTER ROD RESTERS!

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM
    Attached Images Attached Images