Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whitey Outlaw Series Santee Elite Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whitey Outlaw Series Santee Elite Rod

Being from Maine, and fairly new to open water crappie fishing, I would like to expand my tackle. I have only caught them ice fishing..

Would anyone have any helpful info on the Whitey Outlaw Series Santee Elite Rod? Any other info on rods would also be helpful...

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maine

Finally another member from the tundra. I live in Maine also and am retired. What part of the state are you in? I use the 10ft Sam Heaton 95% of the time. Very sensitive,with a 500 Mitchell,very smooth drag. Use a Float & Fly rod for bobber fishing during the spawn. Midsouth tackle tubes with the Bait Pump. We have a Cabelas coming this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAINEIAC
    Finally another member from the tundra. I live in Maine also and am retired. What part of the state are you in? I use the 10ft Sam Heaton 95% of the time. Very sensitive,with a 500 Mitchell,very smooth drag. Use a Float & Fly rod for bobber fishing during the spawn. Midsouth tackle tubes with the Bait Pump. We have a Cabelas coming this spring.
    Hey Maineiac!
    I'm in Litchfield, where are you? Thanks for all the info. I'm looking forward to some spring fishing after the ice goes.

Post Thanks / Like

The Whitey Outlaw Series rod is a unique design with no guides or eyes and features a line thru the blank design. It is used for more aggressive fishing in heavy brush. It is made from the Buck's Best UltraLite blank.

If you are wanting a long pole with guides/eyes and fixed reel seat for pole-in-hand jig fishing (dipping), I would suggest the Buck's Best UltraLite, the Sam Heaton Signature, the orginal Buck's Graphite or the Brush Cutter. All these rods have a different feel, tip action and backbone to fit most everyones preferences.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Darryl! That will help with my choice

Post Thanks / Like

Sending a pm oldfox

Post Thanks / Like

Replied

Post Thanks / Like

Default whitey

dont know about the rod but whitey is a slab slayer!!
    rod has to be good

Post Thanks / Like

I remove the eyes from some of my rods. Drill a hole of 1/16 about 24" ahead of the reel seat. Insert a brass sleeve (like the ones they make leaders with) on the tip. Fish a wire thru the inner part of the rod. Tie yiur line to the wire and pull it back thru. Tie a jig on the end and now you have a jig pole that you can get into almost any kind of brush. Very good rig to fish laydowns with also.
    This rig works well for some of us in south louisiana bayous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Boy
    I remove the eyes from some of my rods. Drill a hole of 1/16 about 24" ahead of the reel seat. Insert a brass sleeve (like the ones they make leaders with) on the tip. Fish a wire thru the inner part of the rod. Tie yiur line to the wire and pull it back thru. Tie a jig on the end and now you have a jig pole that you can get into almost any kind of brush. Very good rig to fish laydowns with also.
    This rig works well for some of us in south louisiana bayous.
    What you just described is the Whitey Outlaw Series Santee Elite Rod.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast