Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr Crappie high visibility line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr Crappie high visibility line

I have been reading and enjoying post on this web site for sometime now. It is very enjoyable and informative. I would appreciate some help with a problem I am having. I use quit a few Mr. Crappie products and have been mostly very satisfied. I am no longer a spring chicken and my eye sight is not as good as it once was. So I purchased several spools 4,6 & 8 # test line. It is works great for visibility. However I have never had a line with a worse memory problem. When using jigs it looks like a corkscrew. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    The road to success is always under construction.

Post Thanks / Like

i use the high vis all the time..never had a problem with it as far as memory.
    any line you have (if its been on the reel for quite a while without being used) at times you might want to get a heavy jig deep and give it soem harsh tugs to get what little memory it has to go away.
    i love it especially if i night fish

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the hi-vis mr. crappie line and dont have any problems with it unless its really old.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put some on a month or so ago....using fishing docks this winter...no problems yet and its very strong....but I am curious how it casts....anyone use it in the spring casting jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Chadku.... Yes, used it last spring & summer,smooth casting ans strong, mainly with 1/16 & 1/8 oz road runners. Will use it this year both 4#,& 6#.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used the hi vis stuff....but i use the camo and have no problems out of the ordinary. Its pretty strong stuff. I asked Wally Marshall personally this past weekend if I should be concerned about fish being spooked by that hi-vis lime green line and he replied "only if your concerned about spooking them into the hot grease."

Post Thanks / Like

I started using Mr crappie line last year and love both the camo and hi-vis.

Post Thanks / Like

try spraying with blakemores reel magic - it will help tak ethe coiling out of your line
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any experience with Mr. Crappie line, but there are some things that apply to any line. The main one is, did you put the line on in the right direction? You might try some Tangle Free line dressing, or soaking the spool in some warm water for an hour or so (after taking it off the reel of course).
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I use Mr.Crappie line for is on my trolling rigs. I love the Hi-Vis for trolling, but I have had to much trouble with it casting a jig. I use Triline for all my casting rigs.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast