Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Job Question!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Job Question!

Some of you may have seen this already but a post on another forum has got me thinking even harder about a few things and I figure what better place to ask then these forums where 10,000 wildlife enthusiasts visit a day. I have a Mechanical Engineering degree and have a steady job, I am newly married, and still fairly young. My question is where is somewhere I can use the designing and my PASSION for hunting and/or fishing in one job?? Every piece of equipment we use was designed somewhere, am I correct?? Ok my next question was, say I wanted to get off the beaten path, what are some other jobs where I can do something with the outdoors? Obviously you have your call making, writers, guides, but more then that, the not so obvious ones. I know they are out there but where and what? Sales? Have to own your own business? I know many say that if you make hunting or fishing your job, you will not want/have time to ENJOY it anymore so let's keep that in mind! Let's hear em' guys it's interesting to hear everyones view/ideas on this!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on where you live. Where are you from?

My wife graduated with an art degree and is a graphic designer for a company that makes products for NBA, NFL, etc...
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

Corp Of Engineers

Post Thanks / Like

I am from NC

Post Thanks / Like

Self employment. Start your own company doing whatever you do. You will work harder than you ever have before, but you can also reap the rewards and have a life you enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Locate a manufactuer of a product you like to use, talk to them. Loving to hunt/fish would make for a better motivated employee vs. someone doing it to just have a job.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the Corp of Engineers suggestion, as for your "off the beaten path" maybe start up your own business like a small town sporting goods store, you could sell hunting and fishing supplies, or perhaps maybe even be a game warden???
    You can't fish with a hung line!