Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Planer Boards?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planer Boards?

Anyone use planer boards for crappie fishing? How slow can you troll with them? Any recommendations or advice?

Post Thanks / Like

We used planer boards on Table Rock. We use Offshore Planer boards with the Tattle Tale flag.

Basically you tie on a crankbait, spinner or other to your line. Dip the bait into the water.

Then you let out as little or as much line as you want (you can get information from manufacturers on how much line and at what speed your crankbait will dive to)

You then hook the lines to the planer board clip. Place the planer into the water and let out as much line as you want to get the board away from the boat.

I recommend using a line counting reel with each planer board. When you catch a fish, you can duplicate the set up again to achieve the same depth.

You can troll at 0.5mph if you want to. You can add snap weights in front of the crankbaits to keep the baits down at slower speeds.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default myself

Personaly I like Water buggz and or a gator board,,Buggz boards willl almost outrun your boat,,,I put a jig of some sort and or a minnow on a small weighted float at my desired depth and troll away,catch stripers when I'm crappie fishin and crappie when I;m striper fishin,,go figure,,,
    Last edited by sentrysam; 01-29-2008 at 08:24 PM.
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

Post Thanks / Like

Default See Georgia state board

I use a windsor bobber planer which is essentially a small planer board. See the Georgia board under "supplement to the long lining discussion"