Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where are the slabs in racoon

onepole Guest

Thumbs down Where are the slabs in racoon

Went out with my one pole this past weekend, thought I'd try some new water. I normally fish at the creek. Done pretty good the last few weeks, caught my limit 3 times, but they don't get to big out there!! Fished all day out at racoon, and only caught bass as well!! What a way to waste a sunday afternoon. Ended up driving back to the creek and fished the bridge on 56th street. Ripped them left and right!! Anyway, I am going to try brookville this weekend. If anyone knows of some hot spots please share the love!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Onepole,

What were you rippin' em' with at the creek? I haven't been out there for about 4 years, and the ones we caught were okay, but nothing near a "SLAB". I used tubes & minnows back then.
    rzh

onepole Guest

I was using a black/chart. tube on a 1/32 jig (unpainted). I fished around the docks on south side of 56th street bridge. If you been to the creek, you that these docks are privately owned. The owners don't mind much, as long as you don't leave a mess. The water is about 15 - 20 feet deep. There are about 4 sets of docks here, and some of the owners have sunk some brush pile. I have caught a couple of 1lbrs fishing over here. You can almost always catch your limit under the bridge, however they run pretty small for some reason. The water runs about 30 feet deep at this point. I verticle jig under the bridge fishing with the same set-up. I have been going out to the creek since late feb. and only have had 1-2 days without a bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for the input Onepole,
    I'll try and do the same when I get to wet my line here soon. I'm sure it will be at the creek until I find some water that is some what productive and within reasonable driving for short trips. It looks like there are mostly Patoka fishers here.
    I think I'd like to try the bridge also, I got the same result with the smaller sized fish when we were last there. No idea why so small, but it was some fun fishing. :D
    rzh