Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarks Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clarks Hill

I am planning a trip to clarks hill this comin fri, sat, and sun. I have never fished this lake before and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions on where to fish at, or what colors are best. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

We kept 60 today(tossed about 25) in GERMANY CREEK. The bite wasn't super good but steady,came in spurts.We started the morning off back in the big bend in about 15 foot of water,catching about 10 good slabs in the first 30 minutes.The early morning was cloudy,the rain had just left.We had our best luck on rattlesnake crappie snacks and grubs and brown and silver grubs,as the day cleared up and the water started warming up it was popsicle and acid rain,firetiger did well also.Trolled at .9 mph with 1/16 oz,and double 1/32 rigs.As the day rolled along the bites slowed and the fish moved into a little more shallow water.
    Wind was really bad!,We did try some other spots,with limited success during the day,but we caught some really quality fish in Germany had a few over 2 pounds,and several right at it.Overall,even with the sunburn and windchap it was a great day of fishing on the Hill!

60 weighed in at just over 48lbs
    best seven weighed 13.10 lbs

WE DID FISH FROM SUNUP TO SUNDOWN, but got a quality limit of fish.

Heading to Oconee or Sinclair Bright and early tomorrow!!!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabberknocka
    We kept 60 today(tossed about 25) in GERMANY CREEK. The bite wasn't super good but steady,came in spurts.We started the morning off back in the big bend in about 15 foot of water,catching about 10 good slabs in the first 30 minutes.The early morning was cloudy,the rain had just left.We had our best luck on rattlesnake crappie snacks and grubs and brown and silver grubs,as the day cleared up and the water started warming up it was popsicle and acid rain,firetiger did well also.Trolled at .9 mph with 1/16 oz,and double 1/32 rigs.As the day rolled along the bites slowed and the fish moved into a little more shallow water.
    Wind was really bad!,We did try some other spots,with limited success during the day,but we caught some really quality fish in Germany had a few over 2 pounds,and several right at it.Overall,even with the sunburn and windchap it was a great day of fishing on the Hill!

60 weighed in at just over 48lbs
    best seven weighed 13.10 lbs

WE DID FISH FROM SUNUP TO SUNDOWN, but got a quality limit of fish.

Heading to Oconee or Sinclair Bright and early tomorrow!!!

Good luck!
    Excellent report...I am heading to Oconee myself tomorrow AM.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Report

Slabberknocker, That is a good report, Thanks for taking time to share it with us. Good fishing! Jimmy S.

ballparks Guest

Thumbs up

i will be heading to sinclair tomorrow for some dock light fishing. I will report first thing. This is a great site. I have learned more in a week here than all the fishing shows i have watched put together.

Ballparks

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the information. are there any more places you suggest that i might want to try?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome Ballparks

Ballparks, Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com, Glad you enjoy this site. Let us here from you when you go fishing. Good Luck Also welcome Georgia Cowboy, Happy to have you aboard as well. Good Fishing to all! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS

I hit sinclair thursday morning,the size didnt compare to those from clarks hill but it was still fun catching them.Was only able to fish until 12:00,ended up with 36(miss counted,:-) was just a few over the limit)
    Average was prolly around 1/2 pound,a few went 3/4.

Hitting Oconee Monday!

Later guys!

Post Thanks / Like

slabbernocka how did you fish to catch those on sinclair? I went today and trolled for a little while, did fairly decent doing that, then shooted docks for the rest of the day. I ended up bringing home my limit, talked to some other guys at the boat ramp and they all had pretty good luck too. The average size of the ones i caught was between 1/2 and 3/4 pound.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught the fish thursday at sinclair long line trolling in 10ft to 7ft of water in Rooty Creek,I was using 1/16oz jigs but had to go with 1/32oz jigs to get depth right,my best color for the day was blk/chartruse crappie snack,with a blk head.
    I stayed at 1.1mph(when the wind wasn't blowing me around),lil faster in the 7ft of water(mainly a turnaround point,but caught fish there too.

These babies were biting great,hated to leave,had several times where I had 4 or more fish online at once.........it was fun!!!!!!!!!!! Had the tunes jamming on the pontoon and the whole thing all to myself!!!

Was going to Oconee monday,but I'm going back to this same cove,gonna try them in 4-6 ft of water monday, because they are moving into the shallows.If not much is happening I will hit the deeper water,RAIN or SHINE i'll be there!!!
    I'll be the one with the 22ft G3 pontoon,115yamaha 4 stroke and enough poles to keep several people jumping.Looks like a shrimp trawler.....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast