Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Texas Crappie Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Texas Crappie Tournament

Even though this is sticky topic in the main section of the forum I got a call from a angler this morning asking that I post the tournament information on the state site as well. Here is the latest.

The Tournament plans for the first annual $21,000 Texoma Crappie Challenge are moving right along. A full page ad will appear in the March and April editions of Crappie World Magazine. We have teams registered from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas so far. I am hoping teams from other parts of the country participate after the Crappie World ads come out. Still looking for tackle donations as giveaways. Anyone donating tackle will be listed on the flyers and website for your donations.

Gander Mountain is distributing 20,000 flyers throughout their regional stores. We are also distributing flyers at the upcoming Boating and Outdoor shows in Oklahoma and Texas.

Tournament website link: www.texomacrappie.com

I was asked also what size crappie should be expected to be caught out of Lake Texoma here are a few photos:

http://www.texomacrappie.com/Texoma_Crappie.pdf

http://www.texomacrappie.com/Fred_10.20.07.pdf

Lake Texoma is famous for it's Awesome Striper Fishing. There is very little pressure put on the Crappie population. After this tournament I believe that will change. More information to follow as it becomes available.

Post Thanks / Like

I have received calls and emails recently concerning the tournament and connection with the folded Crappie Angler Sportman Tour (CAST).

Here is my response:

This event is not in anyway affliated with Crappie Angler Sportsman Tour (CAST). In the initial planning of this event, CAST agreed to participate by bringing their equipment for the weigh-in. Since the CAST tour has folded I have secured other avenues for the weigh-in. Be assured THIS EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE!!