Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: To Mr. Crappie

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To Mr. Crappie

Sure was great to get to spend some quality time with you. I really appreciate you showing Brenda how to tie the simple loop knot (even though she knew how to tie this particular knot). This knot demonstration was a blessing in disguise. Thanks to you, I want ever have to hear: “ain’t nobody ties a dumb knot like this” again.

Also thanks for telling me what kinda knot I have been tying over the years. I knew is had some other name than knot.

The offer still stands. If you ever this way, I will take you out and show you how to catch fishes. Don’t wait ‘til I'm dead to show up. Brenda don’t know where I keep my GPS stuff.

Tom and Brenda
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to thank Wally too. When you meet someone in person who has some notoriety in their field you really hope they are likeable and Wally did not dissapoint. Just a good old boy who treated all of us like fellow crappie fishermen. He personally took time with me and my silly questions and never cut me short. I hope we can all trade thoughts with you again next year at Grizzly Jig Co. and thanks for the time!

Post Thanks / Like

I met Mr. Crappie at Shreveport Bass Pro. My oldest daughter (5 yrs old now, 3 yrs old at the time) watches his DVD every chance she gets. He took the time to sign her copy of the DVD (that she *insisted* on bringing) and really carried on with her. He did NOT have to do that and she still talks about meeting Wally to this very day. She finally left with her mom to go clothes shopping and I bought about 300 bucks worth of poles, reels, etc. Only problem I have with him is that he is a Cowboys fan. I guess everyone has their faults though

Mr.Crappie is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default to:Mr.Crappie

Hey Cane Pole it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife at Grizzly. Hope ya'll had a wonderful trip, I just got home here in Garland,Texas it's 9 hours on the highway so yep I'm ready for bed. I want to thank you for inviting me to your home. If I get the chance I will give you at lease 30 minutes notice i'm coming. Enjoyed it ALL !!!!!! Hope you made it home fine!!! See ya

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Crappie
    Hey Cane Pole it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife at Grizzly. Hope ya'll had a wonderful trip, I just got home here in Garland,Texas it's 9 hours on the highway so yep I'm ready for bed. I want to thank you for inviting me to your home. If I get the chance I will give you at lease 30 minutes notice i'm coming. Enjoyed it ALL !!!!!! Hope you made it home fine!!! See ya
    30 min is all I need. 5 min to find my pole ,2 jigs, and my pee can, then 25 min to wear you out. You Texas guys are easy.:rolleyes:
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wally just wanted to say thanks again for your guidance on selecting one of your 10ft. signature series poles for my type of fishing. I look forward to trying it out on those Sardis and Grenada crappie!! If you make it to Grizzly Jig next year how about letting some of us crappie.com guys follow you over to the BBQ place you went to Saturday night?

I meant to ask how many people from crappie.com were in your seminar Saturday but I forgot. I know you met a lot of people but I was the one in the black "Mercury" hooded sweatshirt that mentioned meeting you at BPS in Memphis.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    30 min is all I need. 5 min to find my pole ,2 jigs, and my pee can, then 25 min to wear you out. You Texas guys are easy.:rolleyes:

Okay Wally don't cut him any slack.
    Hum, who was that guy in the big crappie picture at Crappie Camp last spring?
    I remember it was TEXAS Crappie Fisherman :D

While your peein we'll be horsing in big ole slabs.
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg