Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mille Lacs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mille Lacs?

I am going to be a Mille Lacs this coming weekend. Just checking in to see if anyone had any reports or tips. We are going to be at Fisherman's Warf. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

swedish pimple is a spoon they use up there with just the head of a fathead minnow a lot for the eyes

Post Thanks / Like

LOL are we taking over this board OR WHAT? lol
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Try "The Rockmans" reports at http://www.rockyreef.com/

My buddy John Odle has all you need.He even has a webcam!

Webcam
    http://www.rockyreef.com/cam/webcam.htm

Here's Rockman's report as of late.Hope this helps Dirk.:D

It was a pretty uneventful weekend, even though it was a very nice weekend to be out on the ice. There did not seem to be many people out there. The shoreline finally gave up the fight on Sunday and buckled over, the ice pushed up 6 feet and the battle to get it back down was on. If it was not for my son in law with the big track hole machine, it would have been hours upon hours of chain saws and chisels to get it knocked down. Now days, it is $300.00 and two hours of work. It is an expensive business to be in, especially when Mother Nature takes her toll on everything.

I had to have him come back this morning, to knock it down again, after yesterdays 40 degree temps. $135.00 thank you and have a good day. Then I went out and just off shore and found that I have a crack that opened up 6 or 7 inches, so now I get to put the bridge out on Wednesday. You have got to be a little nuts, to do this stuff, year in and year out. I have often thought about why I do this winter thing, as it is not a real profitable thing anymore if you do not store a bunch of privet houses. As soon as I have a good answer, I will let you know!

It was very cold this morning, with 35 below wind chill and temps just below zero. Now is not the time to be outside working, so I am going to turn on the fireplace and put in a movie and do some serious chill-lac-in. That�s what Jon and Joe call it, when you are just chilling out, at Mille Lacs. Pretty catchy phase huh? I know that you do not want to hear this but, the bite is still slow. There were a few more walleyes biting this weekend. You definitely, do have to be there, rite when they are in an active feeding mode, other wise they are just lookers.

The perch and walleyes are still down there and when they get ready to eat, it is going to be a bonanza. It is not if, but when. We will just see what happens as we get closer to march. That is always a great time of the year to catch both perch and walleyes, even if you can not keep the walleyes, they are very active by then. Many of you are wondering when the walleye season closes. It will be the weekend of, February 23rd and 24. That is it, from Rock Central for this week.

Be safe

We will see ya

When we see ya

The Rockman
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys we are leaving oklahoma tommorrow night at 10 and driving straight through.

Post Thanks / Like

How did your trip go?

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was a neat experience but the fishing was very poor. Everyone we talked to was having the same experience. We caught one eelpout. But it was a new experience for a southerner. Thanks for asking.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the webcam shot. Ahh the Minnesota i remember.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

what did you do with that eelpout? actually they are burbot, a freshwater codfish, and the best eating fish in MN!
    I would trade a bucket full of crappies for one anyday!:D
    What is in my bucket today?
    http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/

Rrrrrr...I am on the lake, and thats all the crappies need to know!

Michael Thompson
    Gem Kids Fishing Camp and Club
    www.gemfishing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Crappie
    actually they are burbot, a freshwater codfish, and the best eating fish in MN!
    I would trade a bucket full of crappies for one anyday!:D
    Wow, I had no idea, the guys I was with treated that thing like the plague.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast