Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My weekend with the pro's

Post Thanks / Like

Default My weekend with the pro's

Decided to go to Grizzly Jig in Missouri this weekend at the last minute. Headed up there yesterday afternoon and arrived at the store around four thirty or so. Went in to see my buddies Jerry Blake and Darryl Morris. Wasn't long before I had met Wally Marshall, Todd Huckabee, Louie Mansfield (Owner) and a whole bunch of other pros. The store shut down around five so off we headed to the hotel that Jerry was staying at. He was nice enough to reserve a room for me. We get there and as I am checking in, here come all the pro's from the shop into the hotel. Come to find out, that is where they all are staying.WOO HOO I go throw my stuff in the room and Jerry tells me and my wife to follow them to go get something to eat. We follow them out to Chubby's BBQ to eat. FATBOYS love BBQ!!!! We all walk into the place and I notice all the pro's sitting in a reserved back room. I think, all right!!! Anyways, me and my wife don't feel right about going back there to eat with them, so we sit out front and order off the menu. Jerry and Darryl, being good friends, come to sit with us instead of in the back . Two minutes later, Wally sticks his head from out back and wants to know what I am doing???I say, uh, waiting on my order. He says, aw, forget that, c'mon back here and eat with us. I say, You sure? He says, yep. I don't gotta be told twice.:D We go back there and eat and have a ball. I didn't take any pics at the restaurant because I didn't wanna bother all of them eating. We get back to the hotel and after hanging out in Jerry and Darryls room shooting the bull, I got out into the lobby and there are a bunch of these guys just hanging out shooting the bull. I joined them and had a ball. Anything I have every said about Wally on here just hawking his products, I would like to take back at this time, because he and everyone else treated me like a long lost friend. I really enjoyed this weekend and feel very fortunate to have been able to do it. Glad to see Canepole, Honey, Paul and Vonna again. Thanks Jerry and Darryl for all you have done and continue to do for me. Pics on Tennessee board. FATBOY PS, I am NOTtrying to brag or even sound like it by this post. It was just kinda cool meeting all these people at one place and then getting to hang out a little bit.
    Last edited by fatboy; 01-27-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My fishn buddy Clint and I went to Memphis this week to get his new boat from Kent Driscoll and was going to stop by Grizzly Jig on our way but decided not to. Makes me wish we would have stuck to our game plan.
    Went to Bass pro in Memphis instead (mistake). Would have rather been at Grizzly Jig.

CX.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome experience... man congrats to you fatboy and the wife!
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous! I coulda really used some decent BBQ. Glad ya'll had a good time.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you and Kim again Johnathan. I missed Furby.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a super show and weekend. Brag? Shoot... I would!

Maybe when I learn to catch a fish, I'd fit in too
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound like bragging to me. Sir! You sounded like a kid with the keys to the candy store but wasn't sure how much you should take..lol Any of us regular joes(smitty)would love to have done the same thing. I would have love to have a picture of you and loggerhead..lol I also found out how nice wally really is but still have never met him. I drove 80 miles to the BPS grand opening to see his seminar and went a day late. The thing about Mr. Crappie tackle is that 95% of it is top of the line and affordable to all of us, not just the pros. I do believe that if he puts his name on it he believes it works. Ever try those rattlin corks? You can use that 6# hi-vis yellow of his for anchor line.. pull up stumps and stop the boat.. stuff is tuff. One of the boats I fish on has his rod holders, double front seat, all the rods and his line. We even use the crappiethunders tipped with minnows. All of it is good stuff and if I had known earlier I would own the same set up. there i go ramblin again

Glad to see you had such a great time. Couldn't have happened to a better guy..
    P.S. Jerry could have picked up the room tab..ya know it was a biznez trip...
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 01-28-2008 at 12:38 AM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I was there this weekend for the full weekend of seminars and all can say is that it is truely a unique experience to get to talk to that many pros one on one. Everyone shared their experiences both good and bad and offered tips and techniques to make us all better crappie fishermen.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time, glad everyone had a good time.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

cant wait till spring crappie camp and then you shall fish with a pro.......me...tell kim and furby hi

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast