Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Your opinion wanted and needed....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your opinion wanted and needed....

...after first serious attempt at nightstalking came to realization that I needed a "serious" equipment upgrade in a couple of area's........ :D
    ..........1st.....lights to put in/on water for fish....what brand/type, color white/green, submersible/floating....would you suggest???
    ..........2nd....rod holders....again what type/brand....fixed/adjustable
    ..........3rd....what type of "people" light do you use/suggest...laterns..12v lights..and how do "U" mount them...above head, close to water,reflectors or not.....I used 12v to 115V converter used up battery too quick...6hrs max...plus problem of shorting out when raining...used flourescent so could cover with plastic but still problem with time...was trying to avoid heat of propane/gas laterns..want to try to keep everything on 12v..less hassle
    ........I realize all of this has been covered in past just wanting to condense all into one thread....gonna look back when I get the chance....just thought I'd post to see what kind of response I could get in meantime....also for input from those that have joined since previous "discussions" ....going out for some pre-shopping... :D ..THANKS in advance...
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TYPE OF LIGHTS......slide the cord into a 4 - 5ft piece of PVC pipe and then stick that in a rod holder to get it away from your boat, then let out some slack to lower the light into the water.....

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

I also hang a Coleman lanter off the side of the boat using a swing-arm made of steel that has a key clamp on the end of it....just clip the handle of the coleman lantern into the key clamp and swing it out over the water to attract bugs......attract bugs, that attracts baitfish, etc....hopefully, attracting good slabbers too!!

Here is a picture of my boat so hopefully you can see my rod holders...I can't really explain them all that well but they are removeable so I can move them around in my boat whereever I have a mounted screw plate.

And I have used PVC to convert into vertical rod holders when necessary.....attached to the rack with hose clamps....

PEOPLE-LIGHT....carry a couple headlamps on-board...hee hee...j/k......that is really all I use, but I suppose it would be nice to have something else.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GABoy; 03-21-2005 at 01:10 PM.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

........I realize all of this has been covered in past just wanting to condense all into one thread....gonna look back when I get the chance....just thought I'd post to see what kind of response I could get in meantime....also for input from those that have joined since previous "discussions" ....going out for some pre-shopping... :D ..THANKS in advance... [/QUOTE]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The guys on the NC and SC boards have discussed this in depth. Rango, Kunes and others are night stalker masters . It would be worth your time to review their post.

Post Thanks / Like

The guys on the NC and SC boards have discussed this in depth. Rango, Kunes and others are night stalker masters . It would be worth your time to review their post.
    AGREED....Rango, Kunes, and Tool are by far and away experts on this subject matter! They go night-stalking just about every night it seems!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

For fish attracting lites you can use the ones referred to by Gaboy. I don't use them because I don't like stuff in the water besides my bait. Got a fish tangled in those submersibles last 3 times out. I use clamp on lamps with 12v incandescent bulbs (50watt) shining onto the water. I've used the clamp ons and the submersible side by side with no noticeable difference in performance. Fished next to a boat with a green light and didn't notice any difference there either. I also like the idea of going all electric so I use the clamp ons with 25watt bulb for "people lite'. A small garden tractor battery will last a coupla trips for that lite.

Rodholders--driftmaster. They also make a bracket to hang a lantern if you plan to use one of those.

Where you at is more important than which lite ya use.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    For fish attracting lites you can use the ones referred to by Gaboy. I don't use them because I don't like stuff in the water besides my bait. Got a fish tangled in those submersibles last 3 times out. I use clamp on lamps with 12v incandescent bulbs (50watt) shining onto the water. I've used the clamp ons and the submersible side by side with no noticeable difference in performance. Fished next to a boat with a green light and didn't notice any difference there either. I also like the idea of going all electric so I use the clamp ons with 25watt bulb for "people lite'. A small garden tractor battery will last a coupla trips for that lite.

Rodholders--driftmaster. They also make a bracket to hang a lantern if you plan to use one of those.

Where you at is more important than which lite ya use.
    ....Damien thanks for heads up on lights..nice boat and sweet set-up....Kunes..where do you get your 12v bulbs???looked at couple places today no luck...have a couple of those clamp-on reflector bases,they work good for 115v fluorescent...gonna convert to 12v power; snip plugs and add clamps... ..yes, had already read some of previous posts since jan.; will be going into archives to research further.. :p ..thought this might be of some interest to "newer" members...Thanks for your patience... :o ....

Post Thanks / Like

!2v incandescent bulbs in various wattages are available here--http://www.bulbs.com/products/product_detail.asp?page=products&inventory=12220

Also any store specializing in RV or marine suppies. The True Value hardware in town here has them also.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    !2v incandescent bulbs in various wattages are available here--http://www.bulbs.com/products/product_detail.asp?page=products&inventory=12220

Also any store specializing in RV or marine suppies. The True Value hardware in town here has them also.
    ...guess that makes sense, I tried wally-world and couple discount stores....we got a Agri-Supply that carries flounder gigging 12v light rigs..they probably carry replacement bulbs..thanks for quick response..