Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie lake

i live close to st. louis and am looking for a good crappie lake in the south that would be active in early march anybody got any recommendations for a nearby(200 mi. radius) lake? i am comfortable with the lakes in this general area but am looking for a jump on the south central illinois season.i am looking for a cabin/motel accommodations as well-i have a boat. i have done the obligatory search and although i am a newbie and first timer on this site, this site is identical to the corvette site i participate in. i could not find what i am looking for. recommendation on a good link that would answer the question would be appreciated. my google search is not providing the info i need. if this is one of those air head questions you sr. members are tired of, i apologize in advance and will continue my search elsewhere.

thanks!
    If you can read this, thank an English teacher.
    If it is in English, thank a soldier!

Remember the veterans!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rend lake in central IL has a good crappie reputation. Don't have any other info on guides or lodges or such as that, but I've read of it before and it's not too far from you.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Reelfoot lake
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot lake would be a great choice it is my home lake. Early March is a great time to catch big fish in shallow water there. You could check out www.reelfoottourism.com or pm me for guide info or email me at [email protected] if I can help with any other info!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the responses. rend is my "go to" lake. i will give reelfoot a try. good suggestion and thanks for the link. much appreciated.
    i was thinking about the possibility of trying a texas or mississippi lake that may be farther out but worth the trip if anyone has any thoughts.

thanks again!

Remember the veterans!

Post Thanks / Like

can't go wrong with Grenada. But, I travel over past you a couple hours in order to get to a pretty good crappie lake. Mark Twain is a very good spot...at least it was in the past couple of years. Go to Cannondam.com, and see what they have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Twain went down hill ever since that big radioactive dioxin spill last year. All the fish are stunted, taste really bad and don't bite anymore.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Look to Oklahoma. There are supposed to be some good crappie lakes there.
    Jimmy Houstons' home lake.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

hadn"t heard about a dioxin spill. where was it? i have a friend that fishes twain regularly and he hasn't mentioned it. i'll clue him in.

thanks

Remember the veterans!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want biguns, North Mississippi is the place to go. We would be glad to have ya down here.
    Biguns only:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast