Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandadys reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grandadys reels

Hey guys, anyone have info on these two reels? like era etc?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about what year but I will buy that Johnson from you. I am 51yr5s old and when I was a youngster around 6 or 7 my grandfather had a reel just exactly like that one. If you are interested and the price ain't too high I will buy that reel from you.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the Jonhson Century reels from when I was a boy. You could cast them twice as far as any other reel would. If not mistaken, you can still buy 'em but they are junk now with sorry gears, alot more plastic. Those 2 are vintage reels for sure.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember those Johnson centuries also. a friend of mine used one when we were kids back in the fifties. That means I'm old don't it!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnson Reel

They two like that a central and cardinal I have the cardinal, I fished with those when I was a kid many years ago. The line was bad about hanging up when you threw them.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    They two like that a central and cardinal I have the cardinal, I fished with those when I was a kid many years ago. The line was bad about hanging up when you threw them.

mikeg

you ain't supposed to throw them you push the button and cast with'em!!:D :D :D :D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

It is really neat to see those!! brings back some memories..Also I noticed something you don't see on too many today (MADE IN THE USA!! ) Thanks for sharing those pictures

Post Thanks / Like

The Johnson Century is a classic. It was the first reel I ever used. I still have that reel and four others. You can still get them on ebay. I think they're better than the vast majority of spincast reels sold today. They're also set up so you can fish them under the rod like a spinning reel.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 01-27-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a box of old reels and one is exactly like the Johnson and I also have another old Johnson, but it appears to be newer. I like old reels. I got these cause when I was a kid growing up on the lake my grands purchased an old lodge/house and it had a lot of goodies. I didn't have money for tackle and such, so I took the old reels and put them together to get some that worked. I got my lures out of the trees, peirs, and weeds washed up on shore. It was the best time in my life.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I had a johnson just like that too. I forgot all about that reel. Now I am going to my dads house to see if I can find it. I loved that reel as a kid, got older and forgot all about fishing for many years. Dont know what came over me? Hum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast