Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Remote car starter

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Remote car starter

Has anyone installed or had installed a remote car starter. My wife is determined to have one and I know there are several brands/installers out there. Any recommendations? For a Camry?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Remote

They work great. Had one for about 15 yrs. They shut the car off if you forget you started it after 10 or 15 minutes or if someone touches the gas or brake pedal without the key in and turned on. Not any help with an installer. VIP auto did mine and I think they are Maine & New Hampshire only. I think Bulldog was the brand.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, my wife had one put on Honda Pilot 2007. It is CompuStar brand. Been on about 14 months. Has been fine. We had it installed up here at one of the accessory specialty stores.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I had one put on my wfe's Grand Cherokee last year for Christmas. It was installed at Circuit City. Cost about $150.00 parts and labor. My '07 Ram pickup has factory remote start. They are well worth having.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

circuit city or i think best buy stores can install them,,there is a place called sound performance here that does a lot i dont know if they are a franchise deal or not,,but those work pretty good especially in the summer heat
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER