Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Fishing Reports

Jigger Guest

Default MS Fishing Reports

I'm new to here but I would like to know recent fishing reports. I really interested in the reports from Grenada. I've only fished it twice but I want to go back a couple of times this year.

Here are my most recent reports:

Yesterday: Caught 48 in the rain at Bee Lake, 5-6 ft of water, mostly females but only averaged just under a 1lb

Friday and Saturday: Had a friend catch 12 and 16 on each day at Okatibee. Fished in the creek channel south of the island. No size to talk about.

3/12: Caught 23 in gail force winds on Bee Lake. Really nice fish.

3/9: Caught 49 at Bee Lake, half females, about half were good fish, all caught in 7-8 ft. of water

I would love to hear everyone elses recent fishing reports.

Post Thanks / Like

My partner I have been catcthing 10 to 15 fish per trip at Arkabutla. Real nice ones to, 2 to 3 plus pounds .It is hard fishing but those biguns are worth it.
    Biguns only:D

rotorman Guest

Thumbs up Grenada and Enid

Fished Grenada and Enid this weekend. Hard to get boat in on upper end of Grenada. Fishing is slow there. Water is very low. Fished Enid Sat and Sun. Had 40 on Sat. (40 for 2 fishermen). Mostly in late afternoon. Had 16 Sun AM before I had to leave. We were using minnow and floater rigs in 4 feet of water and "casting" 2.5 inch curly tail jigs on 6lb line at "non-visible" cover located in the middle of a small creek. Fish were moving up the creek and action was sometimes spotty bu did have one streak of 20 in a row. I am not a big fan of jigger pole fishing and really like to feel the hit on the casting jig. I think that is the reason we did so good. we were about 30 to 40 feet off of the cover that we were fishing. From the look of the eggs, Enid is about 5 to 6 days from really turning on. (if the weather stays good) Our fish ran from 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. 50/50 male female. All bites were "very aggresive". Be careful where you get your minnows.Get them as big as you can and keep them fresh. The bait store at Gums Crossing has the best that we found in the area though we did not go in to Grenada to look.

Jigger Guest

Thanks for the reports. I'm debating on whether to burn a days vacation and go to Grenada this Friday. I really don't know much about the lake except around the Graysport area. Will this rain cause it to rise quickly?

If I don't go to Grenada I'll probably just go to Ross Barnett.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Grenada this weekend but am afraid it is going to be too crowded with the tournaments and the low water squeezing everybody together. England, I thought the water was too low to get on Arkabutla. Are you wading to get your fish or below the dam. I don't care if I catch a lot of fish but would like to get some nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Slabseeker3,
    The boat ramp on the south end of the dam is open. We have been catching fish in the gravel pit and in the upper end of the lake in small ditches and beaver ponds the the fish are trapped in. I caught 5 fish in one hour of fishing today in the gravel pit. The biggest was only 2lbs 6oz.The real big ones were not doing much while I was there.

Post Thanks / Like

England,
    Are you talking about a ramp on the main lake by Bayou Point? Is the water deep enough at that ramp to put a fiberglass boat in?

Post Thanks / Like

Slabseeker3,
    Yes, there is enough water to put a bass boat in, but watch where you go out there you will get shallow quick.

Post Thanks / Like

My partner and I will be fishing for the next two days at Grenada in preparation for the crappie usa tourny Sat. I will post a report when this is over. Yall wish us luck and safety.

Jigger Guest

How was your fishing at Grenada? I went Thursday but it was a little slow. I only had 2 by 8:30 so we loaded up and went to Bee lake where we caught 27. The next day I fished ross barnett which was slow. I only caught 6.

Saturday I fished Okatibee and caught the limit in 2 1/2 hours. The warden checked us and weighed our fish at 39 lbs.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast