Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jigs (photos pleaes)

Post Thanks / Like

Default jigs (photos please)

If you use tubes or sliders, please place or photo on here of how you rig it. I am wondering if I should be just lead heads, colored. Put the tube over the head or what. I am wanting to get into crappie fishing this year and just looking for some advice.
    Last edited by newblade; 01-27-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

newblade, I have found that a plain leadhead works just as well as the colored heads.Their alot cheaper too-thus it doesnt hurt as much losing them. I use round or minnow heads-no need to put it over the head.Just make sure the jigheads have barbs[most do].Simply insert hook point into center of tube,push it up to the head and your ready. Also you can never fish a jig to slow for Crappie but you can to fast! There are times they want it a little faster but most of the time s l o w is the trick.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Heads

What Dennis said and get a Bait Pump from Slab Hunter on the Louisiana board.

Post Thanks / Like

What is a Bait Pump? Any favorite colors?

Post Thanks / Like

A bait pump is a *old sirenge * that you put your nibblets in an inject it into the tube jigs . This is one of my own inventions.
    Wayne Wilson

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Newblade ...

Quote Originally Posted by newblade
    If you use tubes or sliders, please place or photo on here of how you rig it. I am wondering if I should be just lead heads, colored. Put the tube over the head or what. I am wanting to get into crappie fishing this year and just looking for some advice.
    If you're looking for jigheads to use with tubes & sliders - try these :

Brush guard style (top) and Y guard style (bottom) weedless jigheads - Made by Paul "grousefly" Mullins of P&S Custom Tackle.

Pictured is a Panfish Assassin on a Y guard weedless jighead :

I don't use "insert jigheads" any longer, and I've even started to move away from hollow bodied tubes. I've been using CrappiePro brand solid body tubes, Charlie Brewer Slider grubs, and Panfish Assassin Tiny Shad ... for the last few years. All of them are "solid body" plastics, and the tubes stay on the jig hook better than hollow plastic tubes (as do the Sliders and Assassins). And with them being on a weedless jighead, I can cast/shoot them into most any place and expect to get them thru the cover and back ... with minimal possibilities of hangups.

If wherever you are wanting to fish looks similar to this :

then you'd be wise to consider using weedless jigheads

I use mine on 4lb test mono on UL spinning tackle, and have had no problems with missing fish, or losing fish, due to the weedguard.

Now -- the Bait Pump .... it's a device that is used to inject Crappie Nibbles and other attractants into a hollow plastic tube body.
    http://www.thebaitpump.com/

And you asked about "favorite colors" ... but, of what ?? Are you talking about jigheads, tubes/sliders, Crappie Nibbles, the Bait Pump :p

But, seriously though, here's some of my fav's :

tubes -- green/char .. elec blue/char (top my list)
    sliders -- junebug/char ... black/char
    assassin tiny shad -- albino shad .. crystal shad

jigheads - unpainted (weedless)

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

What is a Bait Pump? Any favorite colors?
    Never tried the baitpump.As for colors Black/Chartruese is #1 for me,anything with Chartruese is #2!! Gotta watch with the weed guards-harder to set the hook! Granted you wont loose as many jigs but just starting out your gonna loose alot of Crappie[my opinion].
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne's Hands "R" Tied
    A bait pump is a *old sirenge * that you put your nibblets in an inject it into the tube jigs . This is one of my own inventions.
    You have a PM
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

If you use tubes or sliders, please place or photo on here of how you rig it.
    I usually rig sliders weedless, like the one at the top left of the picture at the bottom:

http://www.fishingworld.com/Slider/D...31209&SKU=CSK1

Rigging it non-weedless works fine, too. You will snag more, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy, this may be a stupid question, but what is the name of this bait color?

Dude, your cork's under.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast