Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual front seats...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dual front seats...

Ok fellow fishermen, I have seen a setup that enables a person to affix a rather large adaptor to the front seat "hole" of a boat and then the adaptor enables you to mount two seats instead of one to the front casting deck of the boat. What I am looking for is the name of the manufacture of these adaptors. I remember that when I found them, I only looked at maybe one manufacture, although I feel that they probably don't have the monopoly on the adaptor market.
    As I remember there were several different models to choose from. Mostly different heights and widths were the difference, oh and the size of the "hole" that they went into. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Also I am sorry if I posted this question in the wrong place.
    Also, if some of you have had good or bad experience with these adaptors, please let me know what you think, as I am thinking of installing one on the front of my boat, (if I can figure out who makes them).

Post Thanks / Like

Tite Lok makes one, also go to crappiestuff.com they have one on there also. i didnt want any additional equipment up front so i just added to more bases beside the one that was already there. Wally Marshall makes one also and im sure there is more.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Drill Instructor! I thought that Tite-loc was the ones that made them, and I even went to their site and looked. I guess that I just overlooked them. When I went back I went right to them. Thanks again though...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Have either of you ever seen one of these adaptors in use? Or have you ever known anyone that has had them mounted on their boat? If so what were some of the pros and cons? I am really looking at getting one but as we all know, $315.00 plus will buy a lot of crappie tackle, and I dont need to spend the money if it "ain't gonna' work".

Post Thanks / Like

I know i tried to make may own from some plans i got, it was just too tall and i had to reach down too far to get the rods. But it was sturdy enough and i felt safe. Just to much gear in the way for me, the additional bases was just the ticket for me.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey DI, that is what I'm planing to do with my boat for spider riggin. About how much was the cost of the two bases? I have already checked the boat and I have plenty of room on either side of the factory mount. And after checkin the cost of the Tietlok I know I'm going the inexpensive route.

Oh and thanks for all you do for us here.

CX.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I think the two bases where around 30 bucks. Had to do a little drilling but it was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the two seat mounts myself over the winter and love it. $20(Bass Pro) per seat mount and I was done. I did check some other options though. Sac-a-lait has a local company that will produce a custom dual seat mount for you for around $125. It is a flat metal plate that has a pin that goes into your existing seat mount and has a short tube on each end that your seat posts go into. It is a good looking piece and very small. Send him a PM and he will send you a picture. I also thought about the Wally Marshall dual seat stand but didn't want something that big in the boat.

Good luck with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys just install two extra seat bases to the sides of the factory base, or an actual double seat base? I need to do something to get two seats upfront in my boat. I don't want the double down because both me and my fishing partner are "big boys", and anything that takes up extra room when we aren't sitting on it will eventually cause one of us to go swimming. We don't troll all the time, so I'd like something I can move and store easy enough without spending a lot of $$$$.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast