Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wylie Tue nite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wylie Tue nite

Been fishing a deep cove just off the main channel and and catching a high ratio of big fish. Figured it was time for a change of scenery but in a rare display of good judgement I decided to find a spot similar to the big fish hole. Actully just moved to the next cove down the channel. Looked at my watch when I had the last bait in the water and it was 8:54. Soon caught and landed a real slab and looked at my watch again. It was 8:59. The next hour put 4 more slabs in the boat. I finally remembered to get another net for the boat and it made a big difference. I fish a bank of 3 rods in the front of the boat (sometimes called the bow) and 3 rods by the stearn (sometimes called the ass end) and a single net is almost always in the wrong position. Anyway, I was gettin all het up thinkin what a great nite of slab nettin I was in for when I started landing some smaller--10 inch--fish. Then the bite became sparse. At the end of 4 hours I had the 5 slabs, 5 10 inchers and caught 2 huge catfish that made some long screaming runs then got off next to the boat without tangling any lines--just the type of catfish experience I enjoy while crappie fishing. All fish were caught between 14 and 20 foot of water over 30 feet.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

kunes, one thing i have realized when fishing deep water is i catch a lot of my bigger fish about 6-10 ft deep....bring one line up and i guarantee you that u will catch a biggun...
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, most of my bigger fish come closer to the light at night.I guess its first seat at the dinner table.Hey Kunes , has the water cleaned up from the rain?I hit some debris in the lake last week and tore my prop up bad.I couldnt even see it, but there was stuff everywhere.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete--I almost always run 1 line in the 8-10foot range and I did that last nite but it didn't get any action. Other nites the shallow bait gets killed.

Eric--After an extended dry spell there is always alot of debris that washes into the lake when the water rises, which it did in a coupla days last week. Most the stuff is gone now but this lake always has junk floatin around. Ya always gotta be watchful at nite....as you now know.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you're right,there is always stuff out there, but this night it was terrible.Thanks for the answer.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.
    Likes downsouth LIKED above post