Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jigs For sale!!!!

nickel417 Guest

Default Jigs For sale!!!!

Not sure where the best place is for this so I will put it here.

I have recently put up a website to try to sell fishing jigs that I have handmade. I know the website is not fully finished yet but please give me some input on how to make better or even feel free to buy some yourself. I will have many more coming available pretty soon. If you don't see something that you would like to have then feel free to let me know and I can custom make it for you. Thanks!

The website is: http://nickels.jigs.4t.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I realize this is your first post. Glad you joined. Your thread should have been posted under "SWAP MEET - CLASSIFIED ADS"

You asked for input on how to make a better jig. I would suggest that you watch some of the fly tying videos that are posted here on crappie.com
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...375#post305375
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=49489

On your "Bumble Jigs (Item #4) ...I would have used Variegated Chenille instead of pipecleaners. For Crappies Marabou works much better than bucktail.

Your "Pink Marabou leadhead" (Item #5) has way too much marabou on it. For panfish jigs I follow the principal "Less is more......." Just give the illusion of a baitfish without as much material on your jig. It will pulsate and move better in the water.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 01-26-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

nickel417 Guest

ok thanks i just put it there

Post Thanks / Like

Did you join to get customers?

Personally it perterbs me to have solicitors who do not contribute.

Its on thing to have a link to your site in your signature, but to have only posted three times.... and it be about you selling something.... hmmm

You should share your knowledge of tying, open threads, and discussions.... you know get to know me before you... well... get any!
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

nickel417 Guest

i did not join just for my website. I joined because I just found this site and thought that my be a good way to start out. You will hear much more from me in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

K
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I dream of the day when all advertisements (from long-time members and newbies alike) will be confined to the "Swap Meet - Classified Ads" forum.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got nothing to advertise, however this Summer I (think) am going to save up and buy a digital camera to share fish/jig pics with you fellas. There's no such thing as too many fish pics IMHO
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    I realize this is your first post. Glad you joined. Your thread should have been posted under "SWAP MEET - CLASSIFIED ADS"

You asked for input on how to make a better jig. I would suggest that you watch some of the fly tying videos that are posted here on crappie.com
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...375#post305375
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=49489

On your "Bumble Jigs (Item #4) ...I would have used Variegated Chenille instead of pipecleaners. For Crappies Marabou works much better than bucktail.

Your "Pink Marabou leadhead" (Item #5) has way too much marabou on it. For panfish jigs I follow the principal "Less is more......." Just give the illusion of a baitfish without as much material on your jig. It will pulsate and move better in the water.

Just my two cents.
    I beg to differ on the bucktail. I have caught a TON of fish on my bucktail jigs. And I sell WAY more bucktail than I do marabou.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_slayer1
    I beg to differ on the bucktail. I have caught a TON of fish on my bucktail jigs. And I sell WAY more bucktail than I do marabou.
    I AGREE!

AMEN

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast