Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird Side Image units

Post Thanks / Like

Question Humminbird Side Image units

Anybody using them high dollar units like the 700 series or 900 series?

Been checking them out on Humminbird website and the images they produce are pretty impressive.

Wonder how well they work on lakes like Smithville. Anyone????
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think beagleman has one.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

They are way to pricey for me, but I would love to have one. I wonder if they are hard to use? Too me they look like you would have to have a degree from Harvard to understand it
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

im with ya on that one miller, but then again i'm a little slow:o
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 797 It's not to hard to understand.. just a little time and dont panic it's just a fish finder... best way to learn on them is to spend time on the water. Not Fishing just using the depth /side imiging and run up and down your favorite spot's and try everything it will do.... go slow and take a buddy so when you are watching the screen they will keep you from running into something.. there nice I like mine... find lots of stuff on the bottom do more research and then decide.. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle Man did you buy the dvd on how to use the 797 if so did it help or just get out and play to figure it out. thanks
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

If you read the manul its not hard to use.
    Also will work on any body of water. Clear or dirty that does not matter.
    Here is muddy water.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 797 hopeing to use it to find brush piles. Very disappointed in it for that purpose. Sent it back to Humminbird and they updated the software. Tried it out yesterday and it worked a little better but still wouldn't pick up some large bush piles I know are there and that you can find easily on sonar. Screen also seems too small. I am going to take it back to Cabela's where I purchased it and upgrade to the 997.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

One of the local dealers tried to dicourage me from buying one.....their opinion was that they were great for looking down but the side image was not all the great when using it to cruise a bank looking for brush.

They also mentioned that the bigger screens make interpretation much easier.

A unit like this seemed to be just what I need to cover more ground. I have several map spot locations of large brush piles on a local lake.....finding them with my Lowrance X125 is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr. baker
    I bought a 797 hopeing to use it to find brush piles. Very disappointed in it for that purpose. Sent it back to Humminbird and they updated the software. Tried it out yesterday and it worked a little better but still wouldn't pick up some large bush piles I know are there and that you can find easily on sonar. Screen also seems too small. I am going to take it back to Cabela's where I purchased it and upgrade to the 997.

Sorry to hear about that, Mike. I'll bet that transducer is bad.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast