Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Suzuki maintenance link?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suzuki maintenance link?

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have been too busy this past year.

Anyway, somethings I normally do on a regular basis have piled up on me this year; like I haven't been tackle shopping (at least $200 worth needs to be bought) and all kinds of maintenance and up grades for my boat(s).

Things are getting back to some normalsy.

It took 2 years to build our house and in that time we had two kids. Needless to say... NO FISHING, with any regularity.

Well to the point and question. Through our move I seem to have miss placed my manual for my Suzuki 115hp 4-stroke. I need to do the maintenance on it. I was wandering if anyone had a link to a site that had a manual online.

I know it may sound funny, but how do you change the oil (always had it done :D ) and what other things are recommended?

I wanted to knock this out today and fish some Monday.

Thanks and it is good to be back.

Happy Fishin!
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Fine! I'll just drive it til it blows up! :rolleyes: :p
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up that easy, give the guys some time to answer, I'm sure there's someone that can help you out.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I know... just joking... help is always welcome.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Bumpers ...

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    I know... just joking... help is always welcome.
    If you don't find one online, & no one knows anything about them here ... you might try one of those outboard sites (marine doctor, iboats, whatever). Or you might check with your closest Suzuki dealer, to see if they have one.

Or, if you'd really like to have one handy (in hand), you can purchase one ... check these sites for best price : http://www.google.com/search?q=suzuk...e7&rlz=1I7DKUS

It also might be helpful to know the model year of your Suzuki 115/4str.

... cp

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I can scan mine if that will help. but Suzuki will send you one if you get in touch with them. I think the part your looking for is only a page or 3. And my 140 is the same block.
    Pete
    http://www.suzukimarine.com/about/contact/

Post Thanks / Like

If the 115 is the same as the 140, changing the oil in her is the same as changing oil and filter in a car. Drain old and add new. The 140 takes 5.5 quarts. You have to remove the side casing to access the filter and drain plug. Done in 30 minutes or less. I use Castrol 20/50. The lower unit is no different than any other outboard. Honestly, if I can do it anybody can.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl they weight the same and everything. I even think my manual shows 90,115 and 140 in it.
    Also your kit has the O ring that you need to replace when changing oil, It goes on the oil plug.
    And the good thing is Suzuki built it where the oil drains out and not on your motor.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I think Darryl and I talk about this same thing a few months back... I just ain't had the time.

Catch'n up now and things are looking up.

I know I have the manual... where is the question. I stuck it in a vanilla envelope with the tools and stuck it somewhere. Should have left it in the truck. It was there for three years. Got it anytime I needed it. Good to have at the ramp when alarms start going off!

Thanks