Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gosh Darn It All. What's A Fella To Do?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Gosh Darn It All. What's A Fella To Do?

:D I mean the weather is going to be pretty good here on Monday with temperatures in the upper sixties. That is not bad for late January. I have been cleaning out my tackle box and preparing for a trip to either Walker Lake or Weiss Lake this coming Monday just to get out one more time before leaving for a week in Kissamee next Wednesday.

So what's wrong with this picture you ask? Well, there is this wife of mine for 38 years that.......you guessed it.........wants me to take her and her sister shopping for clothes at 9:00 am when a new store opens that she really wants to go to. Can't go on Sunday because it won't be open. Can't go on Tuesday because all the "Great sales" will be gone. Can't go at noon when I get back from fiiishing because then I would have put the fish in front of her. That would be a bunch of CRAP pies.

GOSH DARN IT ALL

I guess I'll take the wife shopping and keep my mouth shut. There will be other times and she said I could get a truck when I get back. She ain't all bad. Besides, I will take her fishin with me in mid Feb. when I get back. I have not told her that part yet though.:D
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy her something nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Just rent her a limo and send them off to the store and then buy them lunch afterward. You know "girls day". You don't need to be there!

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

One word.....

TAXI!

:D

Post Thanks / Like

You said you have been married for 38 years well that tells me you know what to do "MIND" I found out a long time ago if you MIND and do as she says when she said do it .It all works better LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Such language ship! :rolleyes:

Look, you have a good woman that loves ya enough to actually want you with her once in a while, and regardless of the fact that you'll have to take her shopping for a couple hours, your still gonna get some water time in, and Boohoo - poor ship has to go to Florida in Feb. Lakes here are gonna be frozen till near june!! So, quit your whining you big baby and count your blessings!! :D
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-25-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ

Look, you have a good woman that loves ya enough to actually want you with her once in a while, and regardless of the fact that you'll have to take her shopping for a couple hours, your still gonna get some water time in, and Boohoo - poor ship has to go to Florida in Feb. Lakes here are gonna be frozen till near june!! So, quit your whining you big baby and count your blessings!! :D

Grumbling Icebird! Come South for the winter! Best fishing trip ever!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Where ya fishin in Kissimmee, ship? I'm sure you're bringin your junk. East lake has always had a good rep for good crappie, but down there you better call em specks. Watch the FL board and ya might get lucky and find someone down there to give you the skinny. Good luck, safe trip.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ

That's why she gets to go to Disneyland for a week for a Valentine's Day gift. She is so spoiled! :D :D :D :D

BTW Skeetbum, There is this place called Lake Wilson about 1/2 mile from the Westgate Town Center where we will be staying. I guess I should tell her that little "Tidbit" sometime as we are driving down. Yeppir, there will be a crappie rod and some jigs somewhere in the trunk of the car behind the suitcases. hee hee hee hee

Man. I hate frozen or "Hard" water. I could never be an ice fisherman like many of you are.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 01-26-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaFishNut
    One word.....

TAXI!

:D
    Then she would say ...........SEE YA!!! as in the big "D" divorce. It's cheaper to keep her, especially if she's a keeper. I'll keep a crappie, but a CARP has got to go back into the water.