Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update: 24V tm question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update: 24V tm question

Ok, as I said in last post, I was only draining one battery when I have a 24V setup...I checked my plug at the front of the boat and I have 24V running to it, so my wiring is not messed up...Any suggestions now? Could there be a problem with the motor itself as I think I have cut out the area running from my battereis to the plug in the front?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have your batteries load tested at your local auto parts store. You could have a shorted cell(s).
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I just put in two new batteries!! Took that out of the equation also!! I am really baffled!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to unplug my batteries at the front of the boat before I charge them. If not, they don't seem to charge equally. I don't know if that's normal or not.

Post Thanks / Like

It almost has to be wiring. How many wires in the cable from the plug to the motor itself? You only need two for 24V. Just a guess would be that your boat is wired for 12/24 and even though you have 24 at the connector, you are running on 12.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Catfan has it. Your on a 12/24 volt and only pulling from one battery. Is there a jumper wire from one positive post to a negative post? Or does each battery have 2 cables each? If you have 2 cables on each battery and no jumper its 12/24 Flip the 24 volt switch on the trolling motor.
    pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan
    It almost has to be wiring. How many wires in the cable from the plug to the motor itself? You only need two for 24V. Just a guess would be that your boat is wired for 12/24 and even though you have 24 at the connector, you are running on 12.
    my thoughts exactly
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes:

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan
    I agree.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    I have to unplug my batteries at the front of the boat before I charge them. If not, they don't seem to charge equally. I don't know if that's normal or not.
    What is it you unplug? You either have something drawing too much current to be overcome by the charger or your charger is crap.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would still have the batteries load tested. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a brand new battery come up bad. I believe you have already elimanated the 12/24 switch and you have verified that you are getting 24V to the motor. So with that in mind it pretty much points to a bad battery.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast