Man I'm glad there's a forum for Crappie. I could talk fishin' all night. Just found this and joined and I have a question. I've been fishing for crappie with my dad since I was 12 years old. (I'm 38 now.) One thing he always taught me was to watch the crappie's eggs condition to find out when they're going to go shallow. Well, from January up to a couple of weeks ago the eggs where full and mealy. They had blood in them and it looked like they were going in to spawn early. I guess because of the warm winter. I went shallow but there wasn't any fish were I fish(on KY lake). Then the lake level started jumping around and I lost them. Now the lake level is stable and for the past two weeks, the fish I've caught have had small egg sacks and looked like they have just started to develop, even the fish I catch shallow. Anyone else noticed this? Where did the other fish go? The fish that I catch in the deeper water (12-20ft) are in the same condition with the small egg sacks so I'm assuming that the earlier fish just pulled back out to the main lake. Any opinions?