Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish finders

sidvicious Guest

Default fish finders

mates,

background - i fish oxbows in southeast arkansas. usually my main waters are no more than 20 ft, with the occasional exception.

the waters are usually stained, to murky to muddy.

the bottom is silted,

there is a great deal of cypress-tree related cover.

my main boat is an old 14x32 duracraft aluminum rig with shallow sides. VERY light, with an 8 hp mercury.

query: with the above template, can you reccomend a good dependable fish finder.

cheers

sv-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious
    query: with the above template, can you reccomend a good dependable fish finder.sv-
    The Eagle Fishmark 320 portable, or the Fishmark 480 are really great units for the money. They don't have as much RMS, but for what type of fishing you are doing, they will be more than enought to show you any structure, bottom density differences, weed lines, and fish. I love the portable! You can use it's suction cup mount on the back, or connect it to the bottom of trolling motor by drilling a hole through the motor's skag, and attaching the transducer with a bolt. Having it's own power source cotained with the unit is a great thing. You can have it anywhere in the boat you want, without mounting it! :D <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids