Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My 2c

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2c

If you want to start an argument all you have to do is bring up a subject about religion or politics and I guarantee you will get one. Everyone has their own views and feelings about both and rightfully so.

A couple other boards I participate on have OT forums and both subjects are strictly forbidden for that very reason. It seems to work very well and sure makes the moderators life a lot easier. Just my 2c worth.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    If you want to start an argument all you have to do is bring up a subject about religion or politics and I guarantee you will get one. Everyone has their own views and feelings about both and rightfully so.

A couple other boards I participate on have OT forums and both subjects are strictly forbidden for that very reason. It seems to work very well and sure makes the moderators life a lot easier. Just my 2c worth.

I 100% agree with that. It would be the best choice in a public forum to ban those two subjects from the board. Like the rules said if folks want to talk about those issues there are lots of sites out there devoted to them.
    Great suggestion.
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN

plus its so down right rude to clog a good board up where everybody elses thread used to be
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

You all are right and I myself am sorry for bringing up the Martin Luther King and Veterans Day thing. Lets just go fishing
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by painterfish
    plus its so down right rude to clog a good board up where everybody elses thread used to be
    I agree! Just imagine if someone was to go recruit a bunch of left or right wing religious groups from other websites to come join in on what is going on here. Even if a person was banned they could still send folks from religious websites over here.
    You already have one religious group here that has banded together in numbers against others. One person has already confessed that they debate against other groups online all of the time.

Just like IBNFSHN said, Religious and politics should be strictly forbidden on the forum.
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

The only argument on this site should be long line trolling versus spider rigging. I get my daily fill of the other stuff from the TV and newspapers.

Post Thanks / Like

A
    Last edited by DTG; 01-24-2008 at 10:14 AM.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockmike
    The only argument on this site should be long line trolling versus spider rigging. I get my daily fill of the other stuff from the TV and newspapers.
    AMEN!
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arguments?

I myself did not read any arguments just opposite opinions.Just when they do not agree with mine shows how wrong they are.
    Last edited by catch fillet; 01-24-2008 at 10:18 AM.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather see things that are deleted put in an area where you have to pay to debate...well argue an issue.... that would help Ed alot. It will work if moderated properly.

I hate censorship.